Manager, Clean Vehicles
Type of Job
May 17, 2022
About the job
Manager, Clean Vehicles
Ceres is a sustainability nonprofit organization leading the most influential investors and companies to build leadership and drive solutions throughout the economy. Through our powerful networks and advocacy, we tackle the world’s biggest sustainability challenges, including climate change, water scarcity and pollution, and human rights abuses.
For more information about Ceres, please visit our website (www.ceres.org).
Description & Responsibilities
The Manager, Clean Vehicles, will join the transportation team at Ceres, supporting the Corporate Electric Vehicle Alliance (the Alliance). The transportation team works with businesses and investors to support companies with setting and achieving ambitious fleet electrification goals to accelerate the deployment of zero emission light-, medium-, and heavy-duty vehicles in the U.S. The Manager will report to the Director, Clean Vehicles, and collaborate closely with teams across the organization to support the Alliance, and engage on corporate climate commitments as well as auto/truck market and policy advocacy. This is a full-time salaried position, based out of Ceres’ Boston office, with an option to work remotely.
Specific duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage key operational and programmatic workstreams of the Alliance including:Serve as a relationship manager for current members
Lead projects and campaigns for rapid deployment of electric vehicles in North America.
Lead recruitment of new members to the Alliance.
- Serve as the Alliance issue expert for electric vehicle charging infrastructure, including hardware, software, siting, interconnection, access topics/priorities, and identify advocacy opportunities for the coalition.
- Lead internal Salesforce reporting for the Ceres transportation team, working closely with the Director, Clean Vehicles, and the Senior Director, Climate and Energy.
- Collaborate with the Director, Clean Vehicles, and other key members of the transportation team to identify and develop Alliance priorities and work plans.
- Partner in design and implementation of cross-organizational strategy to generate private sector clean transportation commitments working in close coordination with leadership on the Climate and Energy team, and in collaboration with the Policy Network, Company Network, and Investor Network teams.
- Support investors through the Ceres Investor Network to prepare for filings and engagements with major companies on climate and clean transportation goals.
- Collaborate with the Ceres’ Company Network to support engagement plans with transportation companies that are members of the Ceres Company Network.
- Present Ceres’ strategic and advocacy voice in engagements with external partners and at strategic convenings and events regarding the transportation sector.
- Coordinate, lead and/or conduct research on transportation sector decarbonization, with a particular focus on the business case, opportunities, environmental equity and justice, and public policy context for investors and companies.
- Research, write, and edit communications materials including contributions to website, newsletter, reports and other publications.
- Coordinate with Ceres’ Development Team to support the drafting of fundraising proposals that support Ceres’ climate and clean energy, and clean transportation work.
- Supervise interns or other staff when needed.
- Travel as necessary for conferences, speaking opportunities, and company and investor engagements.
- Minimum of five years of work experience in related fields
- Knowledge of, and experience related to transportation, climate change, and corporate sustainability issues;
- Knowledge of, and experience related to the transportation sector (on-road freight and charging infrastructure, a plus) and policy advocacy;
- Understanding of business and financial sector capabilities, methods, and practices for achieving positive sustainability outcomes;
- Familiarity with corporate environmental, social and governance (ESG) policies and platforms;
- Sound judgment, sensitivity to diverse constituencies, excellent interpersonal skills, superior leadership ability, strong initiative and motivation;
- Successful record of organizing and executing multiple projects and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent research and writing skills;
- Experience supervising staff members or external consultants;
- Strong meeting facilitation and verbal communication skills;
- Experience working with the media, a plus;
- Knowledge regarding clean energy investment and finance, a plus;
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
- Proficient with Microsoft 365; word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, database, and e-mail applications.
- Prior experience training or supervising individuals across race, gender, political affiliation, and socio-economic backgrounds, a plus.
- Interest in being part of a diverse workforce and willingness to support Ceres’ Commitment to Inclusion and Equity
- Desire to work in a not-for-profit, advocacy-focused organization
The hiring salary range for this position is $75,000-$77,000.
How to Apply
We encourage all applicants to review our website to familiarize themselves with Ceres before applying: www.ceres.org. If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit a resume, cover letter, and a list of three references, as well as complete the additional information as instructed.
Ceres is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law.