Major Gifts Manager
Type of Job
Starting at $74,000
About the job
Sonoma Land Trust Major Gifts Manager
The Major Gifts Manager supports the Director of Philanthropy and the Major Gifts team in the execution of the Major Gifts program, which includes individual cultivation, solicitation and stewardship efforts made by the major gifts team and Board and Campaign Steering Committee members, as well as manages the mid-level program in partnership with the Membership Development Manager. The Major Gifts Manager also oversees two major events: Annual Holiday and Legacy League gatherings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Support Director of Philanthropy, Executive Director, Major Gift Officers and Planned Giving Director in:
Major Gifts Program Management
· Assist with preparing presentations for donor cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
· Maintain donor records in CRM and assume responsibility for organizing and optimizing files for leadership donors.
· Coordinate prospect research profile reports in support of strategic cultivation strategies for major donors and prospects.
· Help manage the major gift prospect pipeline (donors in various portfolios) by periodically updating lists, running reports and distributing them to board members and development staff.
· Set up CRM dashboard reports for selected staff to track gifts and communicate accordingly.
Mid-Level Program Development and Management
· Define annual Mid-level Gift Program, including gift range and create codes within database to enable targeted communication and tracking.
· Work with Membership Development Manager to implement mid-level donor plan, including creating special content for mid-level donors, being the point of contact for any mid-level donors who identify themselves as wanting to get more involved.
Committee Coordination Support
· Assist Director of Philanthropy in preparing for Development Committee and Campaign Steering Committee meetings including meeting notices, agendas, meeting materials and presentations, and recording and transcribing meeting minutes.
· Support the Director of Philanthropy in the Board Governance Committee recruitment process, including maintaining the transformative board candidates prospect matrix.
· Assist in communicating with Regional Advisory Councils.
Event Management for Leadership Donors
· Manage the event planner for the Holiday Party and Legacy League events and coordinate with staff members involved in delivering the program. Includes: overseeing the development of the timeline and monitoring progress, securing venue(s), developing and managing event budget, vendor contracting, coordinating with Development Associate on invitation lists, preparing RSVP reports and distributing to appropriate parties.
· Manage smaller cultivation events and activities for donors. Includes: donor hikes and tours, preparing event itineraries and timelines, coordinating logistics such as travel and catering, coordinating directly with program project manager(s) to plan and execute hikes/site visits.
Administrative and Project Management Support
· Provide administrative support to the Director of Philanthropy and Major Gifts Team including budget preparation, expense reporting, invoice/contract routing and processing, travel and meeting coordination, proactive calendar management, file maintenance, and interdepartmental coordination of publication review schedules and deadlines.
· Coordinate with consultant on CRM upgrade project, including helping evaluate new database systems, evaluating the needs of the development department, coordinating with other departments within SLT, eventually importing data, setting up new reports, queries, systems.
Qualifications and Requirements:
This job description reflects the assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
· Strong commitment to the mission of Sonoma Land Trust.
· Bachelor’s degree or comparable experience in the nonprofit sector.
· Minimum two years administrative support experience required.
· Minimum of two years of nonprofit development experience strongly preferred.
· Strong verbal and interpersonal communications skills.
· Strong writing and editing skills (writing sample may be requested).
· Organized and efficient, capable of managing multiple projects with competing priorities to the highest standards in a timely manner.
· Accurate and impeccable attention to detail.
· Proactive self-starter requiring minimal supervision, but also works well on a team.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office, eTapestry a Raiser’s Edge product (or equivalent database).
· Experience working with high level volunteers and donors preferred.
· Customer service (especially phone) experience highly desirable.
· Regularly sits at a desk or computer workstation.
· Frequently collaborates with colleagues by ZOOM, phone, email, and when safe, in person.
· Occasionally lifts, carries or otherwise moves and positions objects weighing up to 30 pounds.
· Occasional weekend and evening responsibilities.
· Periodic travel predominately within California.
· May walk on uneven ground while working off-site.
Schedule, Salary & Benefits:
Position is 40 hours per week.
Competitive salary. Employer contribution to a health insurance plan. Employer contribution to 403(b) retirement plan provided after one year of employment. Vacation, holiday, personal and compensatory leave provided in accordance with the SLT Personnel Policies and Procedures.
To apply please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Sonoma Land Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive organization and encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, national or regional origins, sexes, ages, disability status, sexual orientations, gender identities, military or veteran status or other status protected by law.