Type of Job
Oct 26, 2022
About the job
The Logistics Manager (LM) is integral to the High Sierra Management Team and overall day-to-day wilderness program management. The LM is a role model and mentor within the High Sierra community, providing daily leadership, administrative support, and management of the High Sierra basecamp and programs. Responsibilities include: logistics staff supervision, vehicle fleet management, equipment acquisition and management, food program management, budget management and basecamp operations. The LM works closely with the Associate Logistics Manager (ALM) to oversee the High Sierra Logistics Department. The LM reports to the High Sierra Program Director and works in collaboration with other High Sierra Program Managers.
This opportunity is perfect for the individual looking to work at a mission-driven organization within a tight-knit team and community during peak program season!
To apply and read the full job description, please visit our website.
Who We Are
Outward Bound California (OBCA) is a non-profit that uses challenging experiences in outdoor settings to create social-emotional learning opportunities for our students, aged 12+ (including adults). We offer a range of programs, including multi-day rock climbing and backpacking courses in the High Sierra. OBCA is committed to increasing access for those that have traditionally been excluded from outdoor spaces. We do this, in part, through our 40+ community partnerships and by offering partial or full scholarships to over 2/3 of our students. We are committed to reflecting the diverse communities with whom we work and strongly encourage people of color, LGBTQ+ identifying folks, and women to apply.
Compensation & Schedule
- This is an exempt, full-time, salaried position
- During the program season (April 1 - Sept 30th), this position works full-time. During our off season (Oct 1 - March 31), this position works approx. 2.5 days/week, remote with Wi-Fi
- Position start date: mid January, 2023
- Salary range is $3,700-$4,000/month FTE, commensurate with experience. The LM is paid at a 75% FTE rate across the year (based on 100% work during the program season and 25% off-season)
- Room and board on base provided during the program season
- OBCA offers a competitive benefits package, including comprehensive health insurance with generous employer contribution, long-term disability and life insurance, Flexible Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Employee Assistance Plan (EAP), Paid Time Off (PTO), paid holidays, and 401(k) plan eligible
- Opportunities for professional development
- ProDeal, an opportunity to purchase outdoor gear at a discounted price
- Part-time, remote work in the off-season
This position is located at our High Sierra program base in Midpines, California, in the Sierra Nevada foothills 30 miles east of Yosemite National Park. The basecamp has a main building with office, warehouse, commercial kitchen, program gear sheds, and weather port living quarters (durable fabric structures).