Type of Job
Aug 19, 2022
About the job
To Apply Please Visit - https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/mncppc/jobs/3682946/locksmith-10286-grade-ht4
- Are you highly skilled Locksmith?
- Do you enjoy collaborating with a team to support your division?
If this sounds like you, Montgomery Parks Facilities Management Division, located in Gaithersburg, Maryland is the place you want to be! We are currently seeking a dynamic, highly professional Locksmith.
Facilities Management Division:
The Locksmith will be part of the Facilities Management Division. This Division of 118 staff provides for the care and maintenance of the Department’s physical assets including facilities, pavement, fleet, and major building systems. With a budget over $13 million dollars, the division is responsible for facility condition assessments, major and minor maintenance programs, and serves as the primary support to the Department’s Capital Improvement Projects (CIP). The division strives to achieve a balance between the upkeep of aging facilities and new construction by integrating a number of CIP and major maintenance projects into the daily work program each year.
The Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission (M-NCPPC) is a six-time National Recreational and Parks Association Gold Medal Award Winner. Behind the vast and diverse Montgomery County Department of Parks system is a career staff complement of nearly 800 employees, 420 parks and over 37,000 acres of park land that serves a diverse population of more than one million residents in the Washington DC area. Go to our website to learn more: https://www.montgomeryparks.org/.
Please Note: The salary range listed above represents the earning potential for this position. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Examples of Important Duties
What the job will involve:
Perform Skilled Locksmith Work
- Plans and performs complex locksmith work to maintain and build new Commission structures; installs, maintains, diagnoses, repairs and troubleshoots locks, door hardware, and exit devices; opens all types of locks.
- Performs work associated with specialty locks, door closers, door-mounted security devices, astragals, hinges, and thresholds.
- Completes door repairs or replacements as required; may hang doors, installs panic hardware, and door frames; determines unique construction design and materials necessary for historic structures.
- Uses a variety of manual and power tools to perform locksmith work on simple projects or assisting on major projects.
- Reviews blueprints, construction plans, and specifications.
- Inspects facilities for lock, door, and hardware issues; meets with managers, staff, and immediate supervisor to assess security needs.
- Estimates staff, hours, tools, equipment, supplies, and materials needed for each maintenance, repair, or replacement assignment.
- Receives and completes work orders for locksmith projects, returning to supervisor daily.
- Makes purchases; reviews catalog and meets with vendors to identify security equipment and supplies needed for lock, hardware, and door projects.
- Assists with writing bid specifications; obtains bids and price quotes, writes purchase requests.
- High School Diploma or GED; and
- Completion of an approved Locksmith apprenticeship, or four (4) years of progressively responsible locksmith experience.
- Two (2) years of journey- level locksmith experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted, which together totals six (6) years.
- Valid driver’s license in accordance with both State and Commission rules and regulations. Driver’s licenses must be unencumbered by restrictions, revocations, suspensions, or points that could limit the employee’s ability to drive Commission vehicles or perform driving duties required by the position of assignment.
- Pass Commission medical examination.
Classification Specification: Locksmith (2403)
- Knowledge of locksmith methods, materials, equipment, doors and hardware, master key systems, electronic access systems and automatic door opening systems.
- Skilled in the operation of locksmith tools, hand tools, power tools and motor vehicles.
Person(s) hired for this position must provide proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 (with limited religious or medical exceptions).
DIVERSITY STATEMENT: The Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission (M-NCPPC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate a workplace culture of diversity, equity and inclusion without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, gender identity, or any other non-merit factor. We will do what we can to provide reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at 301-495-4525 to request accommodation.
Very competitive and flexible benefits programs available!