Lighting and Power Commissioning Engineer
Denver, CO, United States
Type of Job
Feb 4, 2022
About the job
Group14 Engineering, PBC is a 50-person engineering consulting firm committed to improving the energy, resource efficiency and health effects of the built environment. We provide building certification consulting, commissioning, energy modeling and existing building services. We are focused on providing a workplace culture that fosters excellent work while maintaining a work-life balance. We embrace diversity and inclusion and we strive to provide an environment where everyone can feel they belong. We are committed to ensuring that our company includes a wide range of experiences, perspectives, and skills to provide better solutions, drive innovation and creativity, and enhance decision making.
We are a Certified B Corporation and Just Organization. We have been recognized as “Best for the World” by B Lab for Environment. Our LEED Platinum office is located east of downtown Denver in the historic Uptown neighborhood.
We are hiring a self-motivated and creative Commissioning Engineer with excellent technical and written & verbal communication skills. We are looking for an individual with a strong commitment to energy efficiency, customer service and a responsible work ethic. Our firm works mostly in Colorado and adjacent states. Our exciting and challenging projects include laboratories, higher education and K-12, healthcare, multifamily, office, aerospace, and recreation facilities among many others.
- Experience with commercial buildings, preferably experience in commissioning, design engineering, MEP coordination, electrical contracting and/or sales representation for lighting control systems.
- Working knowledge of building codes and ASHRAE standards
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Bluebeam.
- Ability to travel outside the Denver metro area (overnight to conduct work) up to 20% of the time.
- Able to effectively prioritize multiple tasks, excellent organization, and time management skills.
Other Desired Qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree in engineering or construction management from an accredited program.
- Experience with cloud-based commissioning software and illumination calculation software.
- Commissioning experience and commissioning certifications (e.g. CCP, CxA, or BCxP).
- Lighting Certified (LC) Professional
- OSHA 10 or 30 Hour Certification
- Knowledge of or interest in learning other building systems such as Information Technology (IT), Fire Alarm/Life-Safety, Security Systems, or other Low-Voltage Systems.
- Review design drawings, specifications, and calculations for compliance with code and design requirements.
- Review power and lighting submittal packages and shop drawings.
- Perform onsite testing of building systems including but not limited to lighting and lighting control.
- Provide hands-on field support functional performance testing and integrated systems testing.
- Conduct onsite observation surveys and prepare reports on the status of equipment and installations.
- Witness on-site contractor and manufacturer testing, equipment start-up, and lighting system programming.
- Develop and execute commissioning process deliverables such as commissioning plans, commissioning specifications, reports, and manuals.
- Collaborate and work with building owners, clients, design teams, contractors, and manufacturer representatives.
- Analyze effectiveness and provide input on energy conservation and renewable energy strategies.
This is a full-time position and offers the following benefits:
- Salary range: $60,000-$85,000
- Annual bonuses
- Retirement plan with socially responsible investment options and company match
- Health insurance and life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- 10-paid holidays, plus paid personal-time off
- Paid volunteer time
- Alternative transportation payment (e.g. pay to ride bike, walk, etc.)
- Flexible schedules and hybrid work environment
- Annual education stipend and professional memberships
- Annual company retreat with families
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Charitable giving policy with match
Please include the following in your correspondence:
- A cover letter that includes:
- An overview of your key strengths, both professionally and personally.
- The reasons you feel you’re a great addition to the Group14 team.
- Your resume.
- A writing sample.
- Any additional information you feel is beneficial in our understanding of you and your work.
Submit your cover letter and resume to Maria Pinon, firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Lighting and Power Commissioning Engineer” in the subject line. Successful applicants will be called to schedule a phone interview. After a successful phone interview, an in-person interview will be scheduled.
Group14 is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of age, race, color, creed, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, national origin, religion, disability, veteran status, military obligation, marital status, genetic information or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. It is therefore our policy and practice to provide equal opportunity to all job applicants and employees in all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, discipline and termination.