Lifeguard – Extra-Help
Santa Rosa, CA, United States
Type of Job
Apr 4, 2023
About the job
Now Hiring Multiple Lifeguards! The Sonoma County Regional Parks Department is hiring lifeguards to work the 2023 Summer Season!
As a Lifeguard with Regional Parks, you're offered the opportunity to work in a variety of environments, and depending on location, responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring swimming beaches at Spring Lake Swimming Lagoon and Healdsburg Veterans Memorial Beach
- Enforcing regulations at County parks, beaches, or water areas
- Supporting family fun activities at Spring Lake Water Park
- Lifeguarding the Vamos A Nadar water safety program
- Educating the public on the Russian River Water Safety Patrol visiting the beaches at Steelhead, Sunset, and Forestville River Access
- Performing water rescues and administering cardiopulmonary resuscitation and other first aid, when needed
Additionally, Lifeguards may be assigned to the Junior Lifeguard Program, which teaches youth lifesaving techniques, strategies, first aid, and cardiopulmonary resuscitation. Lifeguards work between the hours of 9:45 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. on weekdays, weekends, and holidays. The typical work schedule is 32-40 hours per week.
Regional Parks hires 15-20 Lifeguards/Supervising Lifeguards per season. Basic bilingual English/Spanish skills are desirable, but not required. As a United States Lifesaving Association Certified Agency, the County of Sonoma Regional Parks Department ensures Lifeguards are trained in over 80 hours of first aid rescue techniques.
Important Note: If selected, candidates will be required to participate in swimming and physical fitness testing before being hired, the testing includes swimming 550 yards (500 meters) in under 10 minutes.
Intermittent, extra-help employees are limited in their employment to a maximum of 1,380 hours within any twelve month consecutive period. Extra-help employees who meet the eligibility requirements may qualify for a County contribution toward medical coverage.
This recruitment is open continuously and may close at any time without notice. Applications received after the recruitment closes will not be accepted. For more information, including minimum qualifications, & to apply, visit www.yourpath2sonomacounty.org or call 707-565-2331. The County of Sonoma is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and are committed to having a workforce that is representative of the communities we serve. Apply Now