Type of Job
Dependant upon status (Full-time, Part-time, Contract)
Jun 8, 2023
About the job
Job Title: Licensed MD
License Required: MD License in Connecticut
TERM: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Department: Medication Management
Stokes Counseling Services
Stokes Counseling Services is a leader of mental health private practice, and group practice within the state of Connecticut. We are a group practice made up of licensed clinicians (LPC, LMFT, LCSW, LPCA, LMSW, MFTA) who provide an array of services including individual, family, and group counseling.
We are committed to providing a trusting, engaging, and collaborative environment with our clients. We believe they are the experts on themselves, and we are the guide to help them manage ways to overcome what is currently getting in the way of living the life they deserve. We provide a strength-based solution-focused approach to helping alleviate unwanted symptoms and utilize a variety of modalities including Solution Focused Therapy and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy to increase positive change.
We are looking to grow our medication management to our list of programs and services. This is a unique role to build up an immediate full-time caseload already eager and waiting and help shape a potential medication management program at Stokes Counseling Services LLC.
The purpose of this role is to provide psychiatric evaluations and ongoing medication management to individuals identified as needing mental health services. In addition to evaluating, prescribing & documenting, this role will work closely with counselors and others to facilitate care coordination and provide expert consultation related to mental health and wellness. The ideal candidate promotes health equity and reduces health disparities by demonstrating and supporting an understanding, sensitivity, and appreciation for health equity, social justice, cultural humility, and inclusiveness.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that a medical evaluation, including a medical history and physical examination, has been performed
- Ensures our orders comply with State Regulations and HIPAA Standards
- Ensure safety and care integration by consulting as required with primary care, behavioral health care, and other treatment providers both internal and external
- Consult and collaborate with other members of the integrated care team
- Document all encounters in the medical record, update the Medication list & complete Medication management treatment plans and update as needed
- Follow the agency's established policies and processes for the delivery of services, documentation, admission, and discharge
- Continued follow-up on clients' status
Advantages of joining the Stokes Team
- Flexible hours (make your own schedule)
- Unlimited number of patients
- Peer Collaboration
- Growing practice with an excellent reputation
- A diverse and inclusive culture
- Part-time and Full-Time opportunities are available
- Opportunities for advancement and growth
- Insurance paneling
- MD license in Connecticut
- Experience with Pediatrics and Adults is a plus!
How to Apply
Please include a resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, please indicate your experience and what makes you stand out! Please include availability to see clients. https://stokescounselingservices.applytojob.com/apply/6BfL1scAXn/Licensed-MD
- Dependant upon status (Full-time, Part-time, Contract)
Benefits (ONLY offered to salaried employees)
- Health Insurance