Type of Job
Sep 28, 2021
About the job
We need to enact bold, equitable climate policy at every level of government in the US, on a short timeline. State and local offices play an outsized role in directing the clean energy transition and building resilience in the face of climate change — but these policymakers often lack the resources climate action deserves. We’re changing that.
Climate Cabinet Education makes climate change data and policy solutions actionable for key decision-makers and activists on the frontlines of the climate crisis. We’re looking for a Legislative Director to be a core member of our leadership team. This person will direct our state legislature policy program and manage relationships with legislators and partner organizations.
- Design and execute a state legislature climate policy support program. Support legislators directly and work to integrate best practice climate and environmental justice policy resources through existing channels.
- Build relationships with legislators, place-based partners, and national coalitions.
- Create policy toolkits and strategic messaging materials.
- Develop communications materials that demonstrate the critical role of local governments in addressing climate change and advancing equity.
- Analyze and track priority legislation in states across the US.
- Manage volunteers and fellows.
- 3+ years experience with state or local climate policy: in an advocacy, legislative, regulatory, or technical role. Ideally, experience working across multiple states or regions.
- Deep knowledge of climate, energy, and environmental justice policy.
- Experience working in coalitions, building partnerships, and managing people.
- Demonstrated leadership and project management skills.
- Strong writing skills. Comfortable with Google Sheets and Excel.
- Excited about working in a small, mission-driven, fully remote work environment.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance; premiums fully covered.
- Salary: negotiable based on experience.
Location: remote. Slight preference (but not requirement) for San Francisco or Chicago.
To apply, send your resume and a short statement of interest to email@example.com. Please use subject line: “Job Application - Legislative Director.” Deadline: rolling until October 8, 2021.
We encourage you to apply for this position regardless of race, ethnicity, ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, socioeconomic class, educational attainment or other identities.