Legal Practice Assistant
New York, NY
Type of Job
55,700 - $61,900
May 11, 2022
About the job
Earthjustice is hiring for a Legal Practice Assistant to join us in New York, NY.
Earthjustice is the premier nonprofit environmental law organization. We take on the biggest, most precedent-setting cases across the country. We wield the power of law and the strength of partnership to protect people’s health; to preserve magnificent places and wildlife; to advance clean energy; and to combat climate change. We partner with thousands of groups, supporters, individuals and communities to engage the critical environmental issues of our time, and bring about positive change. We are guided by a passionate, ambitious vision for the future for people and our planet: until justice stands for all, we will never rest. We are here because the earth needs a good lawyer.
Founded in 1971, Earthjustice has a distinguished track record of achieving significant, lasting environmental protections. We achieve this by hiring people who share a passion for justice and a healthy environment. Our headquarters are in San Francisco with offices in Anchorage, Juneau, Los Angeles, Tallahassee, Miami, Chicago, Houston, Honolulu, New York, Philadelphia, Denver, Seattle, Bozeman, and Washington, D.C.
Earthjustice’s Northeast regional office is seeking a full-time Legal Practice Assistant to support to our Office Manager and legal staff. For this position, we are looking to hire a candidate that is available to start in mid June 2022. Preference will be given to candidates who apply by May 20, 2022. After that, applications may be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. This job is located in New York, NY.
The Legal Practice Assistant will work under the direct supervision of the Legal Practice Manager to provide administrative support for the Northeast Office Regional team, and logistics and operations support for other teams located in the New York office.
· Office administration, including office reception.
· Scheduling and calendar management for senior NERO staff as needed.
· Meeting planning and management.
· Travel planning and assistance with planning for staff gatherings.
· Expense reimbursement and assistance with billing.
· Facilities maintenance, including tracking and ordering of supplies.
· Updating and maintaining electronic files and local office intranet site content
· Assistance with recruiting and onboarding.
· Other tasks, as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree preferred.
· 0-2 years experience in office administration and clerical support desired
· Excellent computer skills (Outlook, Zoom, Microsoft TEAMS, Microsoft Word and Excel).
· A can-do attitude, meticulous attention to detail, and an unrelenting commitment to high performance standards.
· The ability to organize, set priorities among multiple assignments, meet deadlines, and function calmly under pressure.
· Flexible, punctual, and highly reliable.
· Strong communication skills.
· A team player who will enthusiastically take on tasks that range from intellectually challenging to administrative.
· Office management or executive assistant training is a plus.
· Demonstrates an awareness and sensitivity to the needs and concerns of individuals from diverse cultures, backgrounds and orientations.
· Contributes to the creation of a diverse, equitable and inclusive work culture that encourages and celebrates differences.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits that are comprehensive and competitive. We also offer an extremely congenial work environment and a casual dress code.
Salary is dependent on experience and location.
Salary range in New York, NY: $55,700 - $61,900
Applicants should apply via Jobvite and include the following:
· Cover letter
Please reach out to email@example.com if you are having technical difficulties submitting your application. No phone calls, drop-ins, or hard copies.
Earthjustice is driven by a passion for justice, partnership and excellence. Our core values lead us to seek a broad range of perspectives and backgrounds to achieve our mission and to maintain an inclusive environment where all staff are valued and respected. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to employment practices that ensure that employees and applicants for employment are given equal opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the position.
For positions located within the City and County of San Francisco: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For positions located within the City of Los Angeles: We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring