Lead Project Manager of Light-Duty EV Charger Incentive Administration - Remote CA OK
California or Remote California
Type of Job
May 11, 2022
About the job
ALSTART is seeking a highly motivated, experienced, and results-driven Lead Project Manager to own the development and implementation of California’s equity-driven Light-Duty Electric Vehicle Charger Incentive Project, “Communities in Charge.” Communities in Charge is a first-of its-kind incentive project aimed at deploying electric vehicle (EV) charging infrastructure to support zero-emission vehicle adoption in California’s disadvantaged, low income, and Tribal communities.
The Lead Project Manager will be responsible for managing the project team and overseeing all project requirements of the scope of work and timeline to efficiently and successfully administer incentives to grow California’s zero-emission vehicle (ZEV) infrastructure to empower and benefit communities. As the Lead Project Manager, this individual will need to have technical experience with light-duty (LD) electric vehicle charging infrastructure, managed large scale incentive or infrastructure deployment programs, and hold relationships with industry, government, and non-profit and community-based organizations.
This position will be based in California with the option to work remotely from within the state with regularly scheduled time in the office as needed and travel to workshops also as needed.
Additionally, the Lead Project Manager for Light-Duty EV Charger Incentive Administration will:
- Assess market-transformational needs across technology platforms and infrastructure strategies.
- Own project scope of work and deliverables, budget, key performance indicators (KPIs), and timelines.
- Own funding agency relationships and advise on strategy, project planning, market assessment, funding prioritization, project improvements, and stakeholder engagement.
- Drive a thoughtful equity and community-first strategy across all incentive administrative activities and project requirements.
- Take ownership of incentive project online incentive application processing database development and ongoing system management.
- Provide technical guidance on infrastructure technology deployment strategies, business solutions, and best practices.
- Take oversight of online website and marketing plan.
- Oversee the project’s technical resource hub, the Infrastructure Readiness Center
- Own public and private stakeholder engagement and outreach strategy to expand and enhance project participation and industry transformation.
- Oversee and support solution-finding stakeholder engagement activities through Community in Charge Advisory Committees.
- Take ownership of data collection and development of California’s Commercial ZEV Infrastructure Heatmap.
CALSTART‘s mission is to improve air quality, combat climate change, strengthen the economy, and create jobs by growing the clean transportation technology industry. With more than 29 years of experience, CALSTART is recognized nationally and internationally as an industry catalyst. CALSTART’s member organizations are diverse and include, among others, Tesla Motors, UPS, Ford, the Union of Concerned Scientists, Kenworth, General Motors, Southern California Gas, and Southern California Edison. CALSTART focuses its work in four major initiatives: cars, trucks (including non-road vehicles), bus/mobility, and fuels/infrastructure. CALSTART is a national organization with offices in several states. If you want a career where you are making a real impact and benefiting society and the environment, you should consider working for CALSTART. Position is based in the State of California.
- A Bachelor’s degree in business development, environmental management, environmental policy or equivalent training and experience.
- 5 years' experience working in clean transportation and management of zero emission vehicle projects and programs.
- Experience managing teams, team member recruitment, and performance management.
- Experience working with community-based organizations and applying strategies to promote equity and environmental justice.
- Experience managing technology development and demonstration projects.
- Knowledgeable about light-duty e-mobility and infrastructure programs including community based, residential, workplace and destination charging.
- Knowledge and experience with policy impacts on customer and ZEV related purchase decisions.
- Strong knowledge of electric charging technology, deployment practices, and best practices.
- Strong technical project and team management skills including the management of operational plans, goals, objectives, project scopes with tasks/deliverables and timelines.
- Strong policy and technical analysis skills.
- Exceptional writing, presentation and speaking skills.
- Strong skills with database management and use of Microsoft excel, R and other analysis software.
- Exceptional ability to organize and engage with a broad set of stakeholders and to move discussions to consensus and action.
- Strong negotiator and ability to engender trust with stakeholders.
- Advanced degrees in business, policy or science or environmental management.
- Lead large scale incentive projects for zero-emission vehicle and infrastructure programs.
- Project management certification PMP/PMI or related.
- Deep understanding of Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).
- Experience with business development including managing proposal and project development applications, scope of work, and project budgets.
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive annual salary based upon experience
- Performance-based growth opportunities
- Competitive company-paid health plan that includes dental and vision care
- Retirement plan with a generous company contribution
- Employee Incentive Program (bonus) yearly based on performance
- Telecommuting and flexible work hours as appropriate
- Rewards for alternative commuting to and from work
- Committed to employee growth and development
To apply: If you are up to this challenge, we invite you to apply. Qualified candidates, please apply online with your resume and cover letter at www.calstart.org/careers
CALSTART, Inc. is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and one that celebrates diversity in all forms. Our inclusive environment focuses on making decisions based on merit without regard to race, color, hair texture, gender, religion, age, nationality, social or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, LGBTQIA+ status, marital status, pregnancy, disability, genetics, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. This applies to any terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including recruiting, hiring, transferring, training, pay, incentives, benefits, discipline, promotion, lay-offs, and termination. Underrepresented candidates are encouraged to apply.