Lead Project Manager - California Transit Bus CA remote only
Type of Job
$85,000 -98,000 per year
Oct 26, 2022
About the job
CALSTART is looking to hire a Lead Project Manager California Transit Bus. You will manage bus transit-related projects, including planning, procurement, and deployment of zero-emission buses for an extensive list of Departments of Transit and Transit Authorities across the state of California. guiding transit agencies in securing funds, giving recommendations to internal program teams for policy strategy for funding mechanisms, such as HVIP and EnergIIZE, and disseminating and teaching transit agencies how to apply CALSTART-developed tools.
The Lead Project Manager I will:
- Lead all projects related to transit agencies within California working with CALSTART staff from various initiatives and activities to provide oversight and project management to the transit agencies and stakeholder groups.
- Manage current projects related to planning, procurement and deployment of Zero Emission Buses (ZEBs) across the state, working with CALSTART staff to successfully lead projects through to the completion of outlined goals and executing pending contracts with stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the National Transit Program Manager to develop best practices and technical resource utilization within California.
- Lead bid proposals with a team or on their own, write proposals , and work with various stakeholder groups to bring in more funding to CALSTART and partner transit agencies. Represent CALSTART at conferences, webinars, and other industry events as a speaker to create a network of contacts to create more opportunities.
- Work with our market acceleration teams (HVIP, EnergIIZE, etc.) to assist, represent, and educate transit agencies, Caltrans, and other trade organizations to effectively utilize these programs through technical assistance training, outreach, and program promotion.
- Work in partnership with our other Activities, Initiatives and Groups (Policy, MarComms, Membership Services, etc.), support and develop a holistic approach to unlocking CALSTART’s value and achieving the CALSTART mission by meeting regularly with internal teams to share information on market trends, best practices, and project updates that may be of consequence to other groups.
CALSTART‘s mission is to improve air quality, combat climate change, strengthen the economy, and create jobs by growing the clean transportation technology industry. With more than 29 years of experience, CALSTART is recognized nationally and internationally as an industry catalyst. CALSTART’s member organizations are diverse and include, among others, Tesla Motors, UPS, Ford, the Union of Concerned Scientists, Kenworth, General Motors, Southern California Gas, and Southern California Edison. CALSTART focuses its work in four major initiatives: cars, trucks (including non-road vehicles), bus/mobility, and fuels/infrastructure. CALSTART is a national organization with offices in several states. If you want a career where you are making a real impact and benefiting society and the environment, you should consider working for CALSTART.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Engineering, Planning, Business Administration) or equivalent combined experience and education.
- Three years of experience working with or for a transit agency, transit operations contractor, or similar organization.
- Experience with grant writing, either leading or supporting grant applications for at least 1 year.
- Due to the need for increased exposure and contacts within California’s transit market, Two years of sales or business development experience preferably in the transit industry within the state of California.
- Three years of Project Management experience, managing multiple projects and overseeing project teams.
- Experience with program management.
- Knowledge of transit agency operations, funding mechanisms, and the ancillary organizations and trade groups that support them.
- There must be a foundation of understanding the landscape of Original Equipment Manfacturers (OEMs) preferably with a focus in ZEB related matters, and regulations that govern them.
- Understanding of funding mechanisms within California and their applicability.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Master’s Degree (Planning, Business Administration)
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMP)
- Prior experience working with Zero-emission bus planning and deployments, both battery-electric and hydrogen fuel cell technologies.
- An understanding of the fundamentals of transit operations and planning will be of value.
- Pre-existing contacts at transit agencies.
- Understanding the various Federal Transit Administration funding programs and how they can apply to transit agencies and CALSTART.
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive annual salary based upon experience
- Performance-based growth opportunities
- Competitive company-paid health plan that includes dental and vision care
- Retirement plan with a generous company contribution
- Employee Incentive Program (bonus) yearly based on performance
- Employee Wellness Program that includes on-demand fitness and mindfulness classes
- Telecommuting and flexible work hours as appropriate
- Rewards for alternative commuting to and from work
- Committed to employee growth and development
To apply: If you are up to this challenge, we invite you to apply. Qualified candidates, please apply online with your resume and cover letter at www.calstart.org/careers
CALSTART, Inc. is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and one that celebrates diversity in all forms. Our inclusive environment focuses on making decisions based on merit without regard to race, color, hair texture, gender, religion, age, nationality, social or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, LGBTQIA+ status, marital status, pregnancy, disability, genetics, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. This applies to any terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including recruiting, hiring, transferring, training, pay, incentives, benefits, discipline, promotion, lay-offs, and termination. Underrepresented candidates are encouraged to apply.