IT Helpdesk Member - Blue Ridge Parkway
Type of Job
Apr 20, 2022
About the job
This position is intended to provide a professional development opportunity to enhance the participant's academic training in Information Technology (IT). The ACE IT Member will serve alongside the Blue Ridge Parkway Information Technology team and gain hands-on experience working with technical and professional staff in support of office programs and activities.
Blue Ridge Parkway IT Staff will train the IT Member by assigning progressively more complex assignments necessary for developing technical skills and experience geared toward higher-level work in the occupation.
- As a trainee, the IT Member works with system managers, computer specialists and assistants, and subject matter end users performing basic assignments in operations or procedures related to computer capabilities and processing techniques. The IT Member will perform highly structured, entry-level work designed to develop broader and more in-depth knowledge and skill needed to perform higher-level assignments.
- Communicate factual and procedural information clearly, orally and in writing; and gather and analyze basic facts and draw conclusions.
- Assignments are to orient the IT Member in the application of computer techniques and information management and policies of the agency.
- Assists users by installing, configuring, and setting up computers (PC's), peripheral equipment, and software.
- Operates an enterprise computer and performs limited data entry, data, and file retrieval
- Operates computer peripheral equipment and distributed data systems via computers, and involved in a variety of applications and processes
- Other task and duties as assigned by the IT Lead
This individual placement is meant to facilitate professional development and promotes exposure to land management agencies and networking with professionals.
Public Land Corps Hiring Authority: Members serving under this agreement may be eligible for a hiring authority upon completion of their term of service.
- Members must be US citizen or Permanent Resident, as required to comply with U.S. government contracts
- Willing and able to represent ACE and the partner organization in a professional, positive, and enthusiastic manner.
- Ability to be both self-directed/work alone, and be a positive, contributing member of a group.
- A valid driver's license and an insurable driving record (documentation to be provided upon request).
- Willing to undergo and must pass required criminal history checks.
- Ability to perform the essential duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- ACE Members must verify that they are fully vaccinated for Covid-19 or have requested and been granted a medical or religious exemption to vaccination by the time they start their term.
- Basic knowledge of personal computer architecture, hardware configuration, software installation and troubleshooting
- Basic knowledge of technical characteristics of Microsoft operating systems, data processing, and general management of information systems
- Ability to learn and communicate National Park Service standards, policies, and procedures related to information technology systems and applications
- Competitive applicants for this position can hold or be pursuing a minimum of an Associate Degree in Information Technology and/or have relevant experience in subject areas such as Information Technology.
- Ability and willingness to thrive in a high-energy, fast-paced environment and work with/within diverse and multi-disciplinary teams
- Capable of assessing, managing, and successfully completing multiple competing priorities
- Able to proactively solve problems and think analytically
- Able to be flexible and work under deadlines and time constraints
- Able to handle sensitive or confidential information with discretion
- Able to take and follow direction and receive and respond appropriately to constructive criticism
- Deep interest in Information Technology
To Apply: Please submit your resume, a cover letter demonstrating your interest and experience, and contact information for three professional/academic references to the online application page for this position here:https://usaconservation.applicantpool.com/jobs/772707.html. Early consideration will be given as resumes are received. This position may close at any time. If you have any questions regarding this position please feel free to contact Madison Douthitt, Eastern Program Manager at email@example.com.
EEO: American Conservation Experience provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, American Conservation Experience complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.