IT and Information Systems Manager
Type of Job
Aug 28, 2022
About the job
The IT and Information Systems Manager will maintain, coordinate and direct computer-related activities by supporting the IT functions of Earthworks on a daily basis, determining the technology needs of Earthworks in both hardware- and software-related areas, and integrating the technology institution-wide. The IT and Information Systems Manager reports directly to the Finance and Operations Director, and will support Earthworks’ growing staff (currently 45) around the US. Earthworks is a primarily Mac office with a few PC users.
- Provides technical expertise and end user support to maintain continuity of the organization’s computer systems and networks
- Acquires, assigns, prepares, and inventories all computers and other hardware for staff
- Designs and conducts technology and systems orientation and off-boarding for all staff
- Monitors and evaluates systems usage and needs for efficiency
- Researches, identifies, and recommends software and applications that will improve the stability and integration of systems and networks
- Maintains knowledge on developments, trends, and best practices in technology and business networks
- Designs the development and implementation of Earthworks systems for managing and retaining information
- Maintains and updates Earthworks IT security plans, policies, and practices as well as developing new practices such as a disaster recovery plan
- Administers cloud base file storage systems and improves organizational functionality and standardization
- Performs other related duties as agreed
Skills and Qualifications:
- Self-motivated, detail oriented, problem-solver
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to explain technical problems and offer solutions to those without technological training
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously on tight deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and collaborate with colleagues working remotely across multiple time zones
- Good judgment and respect for ethical and confidentiality guidelines
- Commitment to equity and justice
- Prior experience providing high quality customer service
- Ability to train or teach IT security best practices
- Experience with IP communications such as RingCentral
- Comfortability with Mobile Device Management (MDM) concepts and delivery options including Mosyle
- Experience supporting MacOS and Microsoft Windows, mobile devices, and cloud services
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, GSuite, Dropbox, Google Drive, Quickbooks, Adobe Creative Suite, 1Password, Zoom, Wire, and Slack
- At ease with project management software such as Trello or Asana
- Familiarity with Salesforce, Salsa, Salsa Engage, Cirrus Insight preferred
- 5+ years of related IT management experience preferred
Benefits and Salary:
The salary for this position is $85-95K per year, depending on experience. Benefits include full health, vision, and dental coverage for the employee and their partner/family (plus a partially employer funded HSA), paid vacation, disability and life insurance, an Employee Assistance Program, and a retirement plan with a 5% employer match after one year. Additionally, after 7 years, staff are eligible for a 3 month, fully paid sabbatical.
Earthworks has a Washington, DC headquarters that allows for a hybrid, mostly work from home environment. Residence in the greater Washington, DC area is preferable for inventory acquisition and management.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement:
Earthworks requires all those hired to provide proof of full vaccination (vaccination and booster) against COVID-19. New hires who have disabilities that make the vaccine medically inadvisable or those who have a sincere religious belief that the vaccine is impermissible may request an accommodation by contacting Lezlie Griffin, Director of Talent and Equity, at email@example.com. Accommodation will be provided only as required by applicable law.
Earthworks is a United States-based non-profit organization headquartered in Washington, DC, with 45 staff across the US and one based in South Africa. We work to protect communities and the environment from the adverse impacts of mining and energy development while seeking sustainable solutions. We support frontline communities, reform government policies, improve corporate practices, influence investment decisions, and encourage responsible materials sourcing and consumption. We seek to ensure that communities' voices and concerns are heard in the corridors of power, from the nation's capital to state houses and legislatures.
Earthworks is committed to challenging and dismantling systemic oppression. Earthworks Board and staff understand that promoting diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) both within and beyond Earthworks is critical to carrying out our mission to protect communities and the environment from the adverse impacts of resource extraction. We understand that our commitment to DEI means a dedication to constant learning and improvement.
Earthworks welcomes applications from diverse candidates and is an equal-opportunity employer. Earthworks evaluates employees and applicants for employment on merit, competence, and qualifications and does not tolerate discrimination.
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://www.careers-page.com/earthworks-2/job/QX9VX853 by September 25, 2022. Please submit a cover letter and resume. No phone calls please.