Type of Job
Feb 14, 2023
About the job
Sol Systems is seeking a full-time Investments Director to lead project finance transactions within Sol’s industry leading distributed solar development team, Sol Customer Solutions. Sol Customer Solutions focuses on commercial & industrial customers as well as municipalities, universities, schools, and hospitals.
Sol Systems is a solar energy project development, environmental commodity, and financial services company with a national footprint and a diverse customer, investor, and partner base. We have financed or developed over $2 billion of solar energy assets to date. As a leading renewable energy developer, financier, trader and operator, Sol empowers entrepreneurs to have a meaningful impact on the world with a focus on catalyzing the development and operation of sustainable infrastructure.
- Managing the SCS Investments team (2-3 direct reports) with the primary goal of effectively monetizing development assets that are ready to enter construction
- Supporting the business development team in managing customer relationships and negotiating Power Purchase Agreements, Land Leases, and similar agreements
- Coordination with the project development team to provide strategic advice and guide investment committee decisions
- Manage the monetization strategy for portfolios of projects
- Supporting the team as they lead project finance transactions to financial close, including direct negotiation with investors, project developers, EPC contractors, among others
- Presenting key information on project status and success to SCS management, investor partners, and other stakeholders
- Responsible for the review and refinement of financial models for solar and storage assets
- Utilizing market knowledge to set the internal guidance for the valuation of solar assets and pricing for power purchase agreements
- Serving as the primary point of contact with investors and developing those relationships
The role may also include support of other Sol Customer Solutions teams, including direct negotiation with customers and hosts. This position requires a unique combination of intellectual capability, financial acumen, business development skills, and a desire to succeed.
A successful candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- 5 years or more experience in renewable energy project finance and the ability to understand models
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the financial trends in the solar industry
- Financial modeling acumen with the ability to extract key critical insights from model outputs
- Entrepreneurial self-starter, hands-on with attention to detail
- Excellent internal and external communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Experience with completing business related proposals
- Ability to research complex matters and present in concise fashion
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) in quantitative or business, or related fields
Location & Hours: This is a full-time role with hybrid remote/office presence, with the office based in Washington, DC.
Commitment & Compensation: Compensation will be commensurate with experience. In addition, SCS team provides health insurance, retirement benefits, partial gym reimbursement, education benefits, parental leave, paid vacation, sick and federal holidays, and the opportunity to work in a unique and dynamic environment.
To Apply: Please submit a resume, cover letter and salary requirements.
Deadline: We hope to hire for these positions immediately and will review applicants on a rolling basis.
Sol Systems is an equal-opportunity employer, and does not discriminate based on gender, race, ethnicity, orientation, creed, or other traits. Sol Systems supports and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.