Internal Engagement Fellow
Type of Job
This 10-month position offers $20.00/hour plus core benefits
Mar 17, 2021
About the job
Founded in 1936, the National Wildlife Federation (NWF or Federation) is America's largest and most trusted grassroots conservation organization with 53 state/territorial affiliates and more than six million members and supporters, including hunters, anglers, gardeners, birders, hikers, campers, paddlers, and outdoor enthusiasts of all stripes. The Federation's mission is to unite all Americans to ensure wildlife thrive in our rapidly changing world through programming focused on conserving wildlife, restoring habitats and waterways, expanding outdoor opportunities, connecting children with nature, and addressing the causes and consequences of climate change.
To help meet our mission we are looking for an Internal Engagement Fellow to join the Strategic Business Operations Team at our headquarters located in Reston, VA. (Due to COVID-19 all employees are working remotely until we make return to work decisions).
As our Internal Engagement Fellow your primary role will be managing and improving the ways in which information and data flows throughout the organization. Your main responsibilities include the administration of an internal Updates Blog. Additional responsibilities include migrating emails to a blog post format using a WordPress Content Management System (CMS), and recommending and assisting with platform upgrades. Additionally, you will support the Data Strategy team by facilitating requests and providing high level training on how to submit content to the Blog directly.
In this role you will:
- Manage all aspects of the National wildlife Federations Updates Blog
- Work with developers to optimize Blog User Experience (UX)
- Conduct internal analytics to provide user engagement when needed
- Survey staff on how to improve internal communication
- Manage WordPress Plugins to ensure they are up to date and functioning
- Categorize and tag posts, sort, content entry, etc. as needed
- Perform other related administrative duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Working knowledge of WordPress CMS preferred.
- Superior written/verbal communication skills
- Experience with MS Office tools, specifically Microsoft Excel skills (formulas, pivot tables)
- Have a working knowledge of HTML
- Capacity to reflect the staff values of the National Wildlife Federation: collaboration, mindfulness, empowerment, inclusivity, and mission focus.
- Love for wildlife and conservation of our natural spaces is a big plus.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Click HERE to apply.
NWF Fellows must be available to work a 40-hour weekly schedule. This 10-month position offers $20.00/hour plus core benefits, including leave, health and dental insurance, and the ability to contribute to a retirement plan.
We strive to increase diversity, equity, inclusion and justice (DEIJ) in all elements of our work and with our partners to support the interdependent needs of wildlife and people in a rapidly changing world. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote regardless of race, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, genetic information, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are invited to learn more about National Wildlife Federation’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion at nwf.org/equity.
If you have a disability and require an accommodation or assistance with our online application process, please tell us how we can help by calling us at 703-438-6244.
The requirements listed in our job descriptions are guidelines, not hard and fast rules, and if you have 75% of the qualifications listed we encourage you to apply. Applying gives you the opportunity to be considered. If selected for this position, a background check will be conducted.
Candidates should submit a cover letter and resume.