Integrated Marketing Coordinator
Type of Job
$47,000 - $52,000
Jan 12, 2023
About the job
The Integrated Marketing Coordinator is responsible for providing day-to-day support for Defenders’ Integrated Marketing department including fundraising, social media, database operations and cause marketing campaigns. Responsibilities will include constituent engagement, copy editing, production support, and schedule management. The coordinator will also be responsible for supporting Defenders’ workplace giving campaigns.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor constituent comments and feedback across Defenders’ social media channels; engage with constituent posts, provide pre-approved responses when needed and elevate any commentary that requires a deeper response.
- Summarize trending topics and social media analytics on a weekly basis and share that with the Director of Integrated Marketing.
- Provide light copywriting and digital media support for social media including posts, tweets, stories and reels.
- Support growing constituent engagement efforts including peer-to-peer fundraising and post-event event attendee tracking and cultivation.
- Support Defenders’ workplace giving campaigns including matching gift requests; completing workplace giving applications by deadline; coordinating advertising; representing Defenders at workplace giving fairs; ensuring that Defenders meets its annual requirement for participation.
- Support Defenders’ cause marketing partnerships through both online and offline promotions. Process, track and update license agreements; research and analyze potential partner opportunities.
- Provide proofreading services for copy and campaign artwork; serve as back-up for routing the copy through a series of in-house reviewers; provide modest writing support in coordination with the teams.
- Process and track all departmental invoicing and expenses, ensure approval and assign invoices to correct account types; record all expenses in the monthly accruals and invoices spreadsheet; liaison with Finance to solve problems that may arise; coordinate with the team to compile and send month-end reports.
- Coordinate the review, approval and tracking of all Marketing contracts; maintain status of current, pending and expired contracts; ensure correct registration and recording of new and renewed contracts.
- Complete and submit postage and check requests to Finance as needed.
- Manage day-to-day correspondence on behalf of the department; maintain knowledge of department staff travel and schedules.
- Maintain files and office systems and follow all other administrative procedures.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s (B.A./B.S.) degree or equivalent
Experience: 1 years of relevant experience
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities for Assistant 3
- Ability to accurately maintain electronic and physical records
- Anticipate and meet the needs of internal and/or external stakeholders delivering excellent service
- Ability to clearly and accurately communicate with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to articulate complex ideas clearly, accurately and concisely
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters with discretion
- Strong research and data analysis skills, including ability to gather and synthesize information from multiple sources to produce high quality work products in a consistent, efficient, accurate, and timely manner
- Creative problem-solving and troubleshooting skills with willingness to experiment and innovate new methods.
- Ability to work well under pressure and tight deadlines while balancing competing assignments
- Ability to remain flexible and adaptable to shifting priorities while remaining responsive to urgent requests
- Ability to take ownership of a project or process and to use problem solving skills to resolve issues
- Ability to manage deadlines on multiple cross-functional projects in a dynamic environment
- Demonstrated ability in managing competing interests on complex issues
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities for Coordinator, Integrated Marketing
- Strong aptitude and skills using Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word required
- Strong writing and proofreading skills. A writing sample will be required.
- This position involves a significant amount of invoice processing, budgeting, expense tracking and report coordination. A working understanding of these tasks and the ability to perform them is required. Training in or experience with these tasks is preferred.
Visit www.defenders.org to apply.
All employees are required to satisfactorily perform the essential duties and responsibilities of their positions. The essential duties and responsibilities listed above are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Defenders of Wildlife requires employees who engage in in-person work activities, including business travel or onsite work, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. An applicant (i) who is disabled or pregnant or who has a qualifying medical condition that contraindicates a COVID-19 vaccination or (ii) who objects to being vaccinated on the basis of a sincerely held religious belief, observance or practice may request an exemption from this vaccination policy. This determination will be made on a case-by-case basis and in accordance with applicable law. Any medical information concerning an applicant's disability will be treated as a confidential medical record in compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Defenders of Wildlife provides equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, sex national origin, ethnicity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, personal appearance, family/parental status, matriculation, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic in all personnel actions.
Please be advised this position is union-eligible.