Individual Placement Program Manager
Flagstaff or Tucson, AZ
Type of Job
Grade B+ (starting salary range $35,568 - $43,000 DOE)
Jun 2, 2021
About the job
Title: Individual Placement Program Manager Date: 5/28/2021
Reports to: Corps Director
Starting Salary: Grade B+ (starting salary range $35,568 - $43,000 DOE)
Location: Flagstaff or Tucson
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Benefit Eligible: Health, Vision, Dental, Long-Term Disability, Retirement, Paid Time Off per Personnel Policies
Arizona Conservation Corps (AZCC) operates conservation service programs across Arizona that empower individuals to positively impact their lives, their communities and the environment. AZCC has operational bases in Tucson, Flagstaff, and Pinetop. AZCC, a program of Conservation Legacy, aims to continue the legacy of the Civilian Conservation Corps of the 1930s. AZCC is focused on connecting youth, young adults and recent era military veterans with conservation service work projects on public lands.
The Individual Placement (IP) Program Manager is responsible for managing effective and efficient management of individual placement cohort programs within AZCC, managing the procedures and systems for onboarding and supporting approximately 50+ AmeriCorps IP members per year within the geographic region served by AZCC, supervising an IP Program Coordinator, developing programmatic best practices for AZCC to add value to its IP programming (outside and in addition to the mentorship offered by agency partner IP mentors), and working with partners to actively develop IP terms with AZCC. This position interacts with other Conservation Legacy staff on admissions processes, member tracking, and other areas of administrative support. AZCC is strongly committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) initiatives within its programs.
Essential Responsibilities and Functions:
Partner Support and Position Development
· Work with AZCC staff and 25+ agency partners to manage and support sites and supervisors for all IP terms.
· Orient and train new IP Program Site Supervisors.
· Collaborate with host agency sites to develop position descriptions.
· Develop and/or review agreements and financial plans to support new individual placements, creating and serving as the main contact on nonfederal agreements, with review and approval from AZCC Corps Director and regional staff.
· Engage in partner outreach to develop additional IP opportunities for AZCC, traveling to meet with partners in person in coordination with AZCC staff as appropriate.
Program Support and Administration
· Develop and implement effective and efficient administrative systems for recruitment, enrollment, evaluation, exiting, reporting, and marketing.
· Implement AZCC DEI initiatives in IP program, making strong commitments to outreach to a diverse group of applicants while creating a more inclusive IP program within AZCC.
· Oversee development of general AZCC IP social media material and ensure updates to AZCC’s IP Program web page in coordination and collaboration with AZCC’s Recruitment, Outreach, and Communications Manager.
· Collect and compile information for reports and internal/external news and reports.
· Communicate regularly with the IP Program Coordinator as well as the Conservation Legacy IP Leadership Team to determine the effectiveness of administrative systems and processes and make changes as necessary for continuous improvement.
· Oversee the ongoing support for all members including the development and implementation of orientation, training, and member development opportunities.
· Work closely with other staff to identify areas of additional support needed and meet needs as applicable.
· Ability to be flexible and work on diverse projects as the work needs change.
· Ensure the enforcement of program and risk management policies.
· Collect and manage tracking of receipts, expenses, reimbursements, and other basic budgetary needs. Ensure IP expenditures do not exceed allocated amounts per agreement.
· Verify IP budget projections for AZCC Corps Director and communicate with regular updates and any alterations to agreements.
· Complete Project Partner and Agency driven reports on as needed basis in coordination with Conservation Legacy Western Region staff.
· Collaborate with AZCC Recruitment Outreach and Communications Manager and other program support staff to help develop and implement recruitment strategy.
Participant or Member Management
· Develop AmeriCorps positions with many different project partners.
· Recruit and market for 50+ unique positions.
· Oversee and support the IP Program Coordinator through the selection and placing of IP members across the state based on partner interest and funding availability.
· Ensure that all open positions are filled in a reasonable amount of time.
· Oversee and support the IP Program Coordinator with the collection, compiling, and processing of all required intake and enrollment materials.
· Manage online systems that are necessary for successful program operations.
· Help support and improve systems for member selection and admissions processing.
· Coordinate timesheet and payroll processes for all members and provide appropriate information to Conservation Legacy business office as needed.
· Manage AmeriCorps slot allocations and changes as they happen.
· Oversee and manage the credit card request, training, and approval process for members including monitoring individual agreement budgets for members and monthly reconciliation processes.
· Assist with workers compensation and state tax identification concerns as needed
· Participate in weekly staff meetings and support staff as appropriate.
· Participate in weekly statewide, regional, and development staff meetings and support other staff as appropriate.
· Serve as an on-call resource for IP and Field Crew risk management system.
· Coordinate across Conservation Legacy’s Individual Placement programs for systems development.
· Lead or participate in organizational-wide intern efforts to develop support of other Conservation Legacy intern program.
· Supervise and develop the AZCC IP Program staff, such as Program Coordinators.
· Participate in the hiring, management, and evaluation of AZCC IP Program staff.
· Recruit, orient, train, and support the AZCC IP Program staff.
· Provide ongoing feedback, coaching and evaluation for AZCC IP Program staff.
· Provide administrative, logistical, and mentoring support to AZCC IP Program staff.
· Successfully engages, leads and supports an inclusive work environment for those of underrepresented populations within the organization and the communities we serve.
· Leads and/or participates in organizational-wide teams, projects and initiatives that support the work of the Strategic Plans goals.
Conservation Legacy is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals and will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to perform essential job functions. Some positions may require periodic overnight travel, non-traditional work hours and physical ability to walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or use tools/equipment on an infrequent or frequent basis. Ability to safely drive an organizational vehicle may also be required for some positions. Disclosure of needs are encouraged to be made upon job offer and throughout employment at Conservation Legacy.
· Exhibits the ability to effectively work on diverse teams or with a variety of populations, including those underrepresented at our organization and those of BIPOC communities.
· Minimum of 2 years managing administrative systems in non-profit or similar organizations.
· Previous programmatic experience with a Corps, youth serving organization or Federal Agency highly preferred.
· Experience with AmeriCorps programs and compliance
· Experience with human resources management and admissions/hiring processes.
· Flexibility, adaptability and capacity to work in a fluid, changing work environment.
· Outstanding organizational and time management skills, and ability to prioritize.
· Self-motivated, decisive, and able to work independently.
· The ability to communicate effectively with all staff in the organization and to understand administrative needs as they arise.
· Insurable driving record and ability to pass Conservation Legacy’s criminal history checks.
· Proficient in all Microsoft Office Suite applications and ability to manage information in an organizational database.
· Positive, entrepreneurial attitude and attentiveness to detail.
To Apply: Send Cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.orgSubject line in this email must include “Applicant”.
Cover Letter must include a response to the following question: Provide some examples of your experience effectively working with diverse communities, including those specific to Black, Indigenous, People of Color, and other underrepresented populations, in personal or professional context.
Conservation Legacy is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to hiring a breadth of diverse professionals and encourage members of diverse groups to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.