Hybrid Learning Coordinator
Type of Job
May 17, 2022
About the job
Job Title: Learning Coordinator
Location: Remote within the United States and/or Ashburn, VA office.
Salary Range: $22.25-26.25 per hour ($43,378-$51,033 annual equivalent based on full-time 37.5 hour workweek)
The National Recreation and Park Association (NRPA) is the leading not-for-profit organization dedicated to building strong, vibrant, and resilient communities through the power of parks and recreation. NRPA advances this mission by investing in and championing the work of park and recreation professionals and advocates — the catalysts for positive change in service of equity, climate-readiness, and overall health and well-being.
With more than 60,000 members, NRPA champions and supports the work of park and recreation professionals and advocates through professional development, grants and programs, research, publications, conferences, advocacy and more.
ABOUT THE POSITION
NRPA is currently seeking a LEARNING COORDINATOR to join our Learning and Education Department.
As part of the NRPA online and in-person Learning and Education team, the Coordinator will provide support in variety of ways including front-line customer service for learners and members, administrative and production support for online and in-person learning events, report generation and other administrative tasks and projects as needed. This is an entry level position reporting to a remote manager.
Specifically, your Duties and Responsibilities will include but are not limited:
Customer Service Online Learning/Education
- Provide customer support and field Online Learning and Education email inquiries related to registration, CEU, credentialing, certification, access, products, school registration, conference administration and more
- Troubleshoot and provide technical support to resolve learning management system and database system issues and inquiries with support from Manager and team
- Provide training or support tools as needed
- Resolve or forward email inquiries as appropriate
- Track inquiries to identify patterns and trends and communicate on regular basis to manager and Learning team.
Online & In-Person Learning Event Support
- Provide live Zoom back up and cohosting for weekly Virtual Learning events
- Assist with pre- and post- production for online learning events (presentation assembly, video/resource editing & sharing, uploads & reporting)
- Maintain Learning events calendar
- Support pre-recording of sessions for Director’s School and Annual Conference
- Support data management and correspondence with Annual Conference Planning Committee
- Provide customer service to learning event attendees and volunteers
- Maintain planning documents related to event logistics (i.e., event schedules, records, and profiles) and provide special event planning as needed
- Live event support (in person and virtual)
- Generates reports such as attendance reports, surveys and polls, monthly registration and evaluation results on weekly or monthly basis for online learning events
- Administrative and project support as needed for the Learning and Education department
- Bachelors degree or an equivalent combination of experience and education, training or certification
- Customer Service experience is a must.
- At least one year of experience in administrative support and/or using technology, information systems or learning systems. Experience working in a membership association, nonprofit organization and the park and recreation or related field is a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 and Office suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Strong working knowledge of Zoom
- Some familiarity with any of the following technology and systems: database systems such as iMIS, learning management systems such as Elevate, Coursera or Canvas, e-Learning authoring software such as Articulate, basic video editing, streaming platforms, and/or web design
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interpret requests and identify appropriate solutions
- Ability to interact effectively with a wide diversity of individuals at all levels and with all abilities
- Highly organized with ability to manage time and priorities effectively
- Proven attention to detail
- Ability and willingness to travel
If these qualifications are a good fit for you, here’s more detail about what you will need to bring to be successful:
- You are customer service oriented
- You are willing and able to learn new skills and tools as needed
- You are committed to working collaboratively with a wide diversity of internal and external colleagues and inspired to be a contributing member of an inclusive work culture
- You are adaptable and excel in a dynamic work environment
- You thrive in a collegial, professional and team-oriented environment
- You are able to meet typical physical & mental demands: Requires prolonged sitting, eye-hand coordination, manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard and other office, computer and/or A/V equipment, verbal communication and audio and visual capacity to exchange information and set up equipment and events.
Please submit the following required materials. Applicants without the following required materials may not be considered for this position:
- Cover Letter describing how your experience and qualifications would make you a successful candidate for this position.
Applicants will first be evaluated on qualifications and the completeness of application materials. Qualified applicants will then be invited for a phone interview screen and finalists will be invited to a Zoom interview. Professional references are required from finalists.
For employment you must have reliable internet if you work remotely and be able to satisfy a background screen and authorization to work in the United States.
Who May Apply: This position is open to all qualified applicants.
NRPA is deeply committed to the core values of diversity, equity and inclusion and actively integrate these core values into all elements of our daily work. NRPA is an equal opportunity employer and highly encourages candidates from all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, ethnic minorities, LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities, native people, and veterans.
Discover the Benefits at NRPA!
To promote healthy lifestyles, at work and away, we have established programs such as a 37.5-hour workweek, flexible work schedules, a remote first workplace, an employee assistance program (EAP), educational Assistance including tuition reimbursement and certification exam fee reimbursement programs, Lunch-and-Learn sessions, and more. NRPA offers competitive and generous health and wellness benefits, a paid time off program that includes 26 days of accrued paid time off from time of hire, sponsored paid days off for volunteer activities and 13 paid holidays per year, 6 weeks of paid parental leave, a tuition reimbursement and certification reimbursement program, and a 6% employer match in the retirement savings plan with immediate vesting.
Although most staff work remotely, the NRPA headquarters office is situated on park land in Ashburn, Virginia. This campus boasts a warm professional environment, with a relaxing and peaceful view of nature at its finest! This space offers indoor & outdoor eating areas and fitness opportunities, including an air-conditioned fitness room with access to showers and extensive foot trails for the outdoor enthusiast.