Human Resources Compensation Specialist
Type of Job
$74,375; Based on experience
Jun 22, 2023
About the job
Title: Human Resources Compensation Specialist
Supervisor: VP of Operations
Location: Remote; Flexible
Salary: $74,375; Based on experience
This is a full-time position with American Bird Conservancy (ABC). The mission of American Bird Conservancy (ABC) is to conserve birds and their habitats – the places birds need to thrive – across the Americas. We are a growing group of 125+ dedicated staff, located across the United States and with a network of partners from Canada to Chile. For nearly 30 years, we have collaboratively delivered an expanding array of results aimed at preventing bird species extinctions, addressing threats to birds, and reversing declines that are reducing populations of nearly all bird groups. Our work is guided by both science and our principles, which include a commitment to Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion.
The Human Resource (HR) Specialist will be responsible for the daily management of salary equity programs and analysis used for employee retention, and will partner with the HR Team while supporting employees in their day to day HR needs. The HR Specialist will be responsible for contributing to the updating, design and implementation of HR policies; developing plans and programs that align with the organizations overall strategic objectives; and orchestrate learning skills and career development for the ABC the workforce.
1. In collaboration with HR and Management, develop, document and implement a salary compensation strategy for ABC.
2. Lead a salary equity study in collaboration with other HR staff and Management, which will include identifying and selecting a reliable and professionally accredited external contractor to work with the team.
3. Maintain meticulous salary equity records in a centralized secure location and in conjunction with ABC’s HR and Finance Information Systems.
4. Work with HR and other staff to ensure that any salary adjustments for existing staff are equitable and at market value.
5. Partner with HR and Management to update, develop, implement and support ABC’s policies, and procedures.
6. Assist in implementing HR programs, including employee relations, recruiting and staffing, and wage and salary administration
7. In collaboration with other HR staff, identify, research, and implement training needs, initiatives, and opportunities for staff.
8. May assist HR leadership with staffing, recruiting, and departmental budgets.
9. May guide and/or assist with performance, benefit, and compensation review and evaluation processes.
10. Assist HR leadership with identifying and tracking benchmarks/metrics to measure key performance of the HR division. Assist in analyzing patterns related to recruitment, hiring, turnover, and retention.
11. Convey and explain HR information, policies, best practices, and concepts to staff and management at monthly virtual Flock Talks, in-person staff retreats, meetings, and other group venues.
12. Maintain current knowledge of the industry standards and employment legislation to ensure regulatory compliance. Identifies trends that could impact the organization objectives.
13. Act as an employee champion and change agent by anticipating HR-related needs and delivering value added services for the benefit of employees.
14. Other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field with at least 7 years of work experience in related areas such as job classification and compensation, recruitment, selection, training, employee benefits, and/or equal opportunity compliance.
2. Proven experience in salary compensation strategy planning and implementation.
3. Proven ability to remain objective, discrete and exercise common sense at all times.
4. Able to develop strong, trusting relationships with all staff and management.
5. Thrives in a dynamic environment with a positive attitude and able to work on various projects simultaneously, requiring strong organizational and time management skills.
6. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and comfortable using and learning new technology. Experience with Paylocity is a plus.
7. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
8. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
9. Authorized to work in the US; US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
10. All remote and hybrid employees are required to have a stable and high-speed internet service provider in place prior to beginning work for ABC. Our distributed work force relies heavily on cloud technologies, Zoom, and other automations to successfully complete our day to day work. The ideal speeds are 30-40 Mbps for downloads and 10-15 Mbps for uploads.
11. Background screening required.
- Benefits include medical, dental, flexible spending accounts, and supplemental health insurance policies; including vision.
- Paid vacation days, holidays (10+), sick leave, retirement savings with employer match, life insurance, parental leave, and Verizon cell service discount.
Please apply online at Paylocity.
If you have any difficulties uploading your resume and cover letter, then please send them as ONE document to HR@abcbirds.org
At American Bird Conservancy, we believe that a diversity of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills makes us more effective. We are committed to creating a respectful and inclusive work environment for all of our employees.
As an equal opportunity employer, ABC is committed to ensuring that employees and applicants for employment have equal opportunities regardless of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor unrelated to the requirements of the position.