Human Resources Associate
Denver, Boulder, Santa Fe, Las Vegas, Phoenix, Carson City, Reno, Albuquerque, Billings, Bozeman
Type of Job
May 6, 2022
About the job
Western Resource Advocates (WRA) is hiring a friendly and organized Human Resources (HR) Associate to join our team in the West. The HR Associate will be instrumental to the success of Human Resources at WRA, as they support the full cycle of staff and internship recruiting, and the administrative clerical functions of the Human Resources Team. The HR Associate will keep HR files and systems up to date, provide HR assistance to WRA staff, with other responsibilities across a range of HR realms. This role will be crucial in sustaining a great experience for employees and job candidates at WRA. Reporting to the HR Director, this position provides the opportunity to learn and grow with other HR, administrative and conservation professionals.
ABOUT WESTERN RESOURCE ADVOCATES
WRA fights climate change and its impacts to sustain the environment, economy, and people of the West. We respect the different needs of diverse people and partner with them to develop a shared vision for progress—one that advances communities while protecting biodiversity.
Our team of policy experts, scientists, economists, and attorneys has a 30-year history of working where decisions are made, sweating the details, creating evidence-based solutions, and holding decisionmakers accountable. This on the ground work with policymakers and other advocates advances clean energy, protects air, land, water, and wildlife—and sustains the lives and livelihoods of the West.
This position has the option to work remotely anywhere within our seven-state region, or from one of WRA’s six offices; or a hybrid of the two. Our seven-state region includes Arizona, Colorado, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah, and Wyoming. WRA has offices located in Boulder, CO; Carson City, NV; Denver, CO; Phoenix, AZ; Salt Lake City, UT; and Santa Fe, NM.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES
Below is a sample of the tasks the person in this position will be expected to perform. However, since this is a new position and WRA is a growing organization, responsibilities may be added or revised to match WRA’s needs and the skills and qualifications of the person working in this position.
RECRUITMENT & HIRING
- Post job and internship announcements to the WRA website.
- Post job and internship announcements in various job boards and other online outlets.
- Create social media sharing tool kits for all job and internship announcements.
- Work with WRA Marketing & Communications staff on creating content and a timeline for social media job announcement campaigns.
- Coordinate interview logistics and keep candidates informed of their status throughout the recruitment process.
- Provide high level screening of candidates to recommend moving forward in our hiring process.
- Support hiring committees by organizing and providing interview and hiring materials, and by keeping them up to date on progress of recruitment plans.
- Attend virtual and in person recruitment events on occasion, often with the HR Director.
ONBOARDING & BENEFITS
- Create ClickTime timesheet accounts for all new staff and interns.
- Enroll Colorado staff in Ecopass benefit as needed.
- Assist with benefits enrollment during Open Enrollment for all staff.
- Assist onboarding of new staff including emailing new staff a “Welcome to WRA” requesting contact and dietary information, mailing welcome basket, ordering business cards, ordering name badges, ordering door name plates (if needed, etc.)
- Update the staff contact lists.
- Serve as a point of contact for logistical HR questions from employees – answering basic questions about benefits, directing employees to correct HR forms and information.
- Manage employee data changes such as title, cost center, location, etc., in WRA systems.
- Research projects related to Recruitment and Hiring, and other HR functions, as needed.
- Other administrative projects, tasks, errands, and assignments as assigned.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to manage and prioritize a wide variety of tasks and provide follow‐through.
- Excellent calendar management skills.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and comfort in communicating with working with people from diverse ethnic, educational, and professional backgrounds.
- Interest in continuing to build WRA’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion work into our hiring, onboarding and retention practices.
- Comfort in working with technology and a variety of computer systems.
- Integrity and ability to uphold a strict level of confidentiality.
- Some small amount of travel may be required within WRA seven-state region to attend retreats and other events.
- Collaborative instincts and a sense of humor.
Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Some small amount of travel may be required within WRA seven-state region to attend retreats and other events.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The salary range for this position is $42,000-$50,000 annually; salary depends on relevant experience and new staff rarely start at the top of the range. WRA’s excellent benefits package includes a 401(k) retirement plan with up to 5% matching and health, dental, vision, and life & disability insurance with 100% of premiums for employee coverage paid by WRA. Annually, staff receive three weeks paid vacation leave to start, twelve paid sick days, one paid volunteer day, one paid birthday off, 12 paid holidays, and WRA is closed for Winter Break between Christmas Day and New Year’s Day for additional paid time off. After one-year employees are eligible for up to twelve weeks of parental leave with the first six weeks paid, and after five years, staff are eligible for up to twelve weeks of paid sabbatical leave. Staff in the Denver/Boulder metro area also receive an RTD EcoPass. Position is full-time non-exempt.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: TUESDAY, MAY 31, 2022
Diversity and inclusion are a critical component of our business strategy, mission and vision. We welcome candidates from an array of backgrounds and experiences to join our team. Learn more about our commitment here: https://westernresourceadvocates.org/#commitment-to-diversity.
Western Resource Advocates is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or veteran status.