Ann Arbor, MI
Type of Job
Sep 1, 2021
About the job
Hospice Aide (CNA) is an important professional member of the interdisciplinary group who works under the supervision of a registered nurse and performs various services for a patient as necessary to meet the patient's personal needs and to promote comfort. The hospice aide is responsible for observing the patient, reporting these observations and documenting observations and care performed.
- Certified through the State of Michigan as a Certified Nursing Assistant and maintains such certification in accordance with applicable laws and regulations and performs within the scope specified. CNA is required at time of interview.
- Must have 1 year of CNA experience upon hire
- Required to successfully pass the Arbor Hospice Home Health Aide Skills Assessment Test and a skills demonstration test.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Ability to read and follow written instructions and document care given.
- Licensed driver with automobile that is insured in accordance with organization requirements and is in good working order, if assigned to patients in community home environment.
- Thrives working independently
- Compassionate Heart
- Ability to build relationships with patients and their loved ones and make a difference
- True desire to help others in the community
- Understands hospice philosophy, comfortable providing specialized care to the terminally ill.
You can make a profound difference in the lives of our patients and their families. With roots dating back to the 1970s, Hospice of Michigan is the most experienced provider of hospice care in the state. We are a non-profit, freeing us to focus entirely on the care of our patients and families. Simply put, we put people first, always. That's why our standard is Every person, Every time.
Come join us as we work to ensure quality of life, comfort and peace for our patients and provide support for their loved ones during their end-of-life experience. It could be your life’s best work!
What’s in it for you?
· Mileage Reimbursement
· Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
· Paid time off
· 403(b) with a generous company match