Head of Product
New York City, NY
Type of Job
$100,000 - $120,000, 1% - 3% equity
Feb 9, 2022
About the job
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Dollaride is building the future of commuter transit.
We believe that public transit should be flexible and decentralized, and we strive to help underserved communities realize that future today. Dollaride empowers NYC commuter van drivers to grow their ridership and serve more passengers by digitizing their traditionally offline operations. We’re a technology partner to a growing network of 500+ TLC licensed drivers and 3000+ commuter transport businesses. The commuter van network transports over 120,000 New Yorkers every day. Our research supports that ridership is poised to grow by 5x when dollar vans expand to other transit deserts in NYC.
Beyond NYC, 24M million people live in transit deserts across 200 US metro cities. So Dollaride is building a unique platform to capture this $30B market opportunity.
We use an innovative business model to fund transit operations through partnerships with local businesses and forward-thinking brands. We care about filling gaps in public transit in a sustainable way. And we believe that we can do this by enabling private operators (i.e. dollar vans and small fleets) to scale up their operations & service using technology.
About the role:
Dollaride seeks a strategic, resourceful, collaborative, motivated consumer product leader who will develop Dollaride’s product vision and strategy. Working directly with the founders, you'll craft a product vision, engage users to inform product decisions, and develop and deliver on a product roadmap.
As the company grows, you’ll build cross-functional teams and proactively improve the feedback loop between user insights and product development. You'll guide the product direction, as well as seek and produce value propositions that distinguish our product in the market. You will act on your inner curiosity to seek information, conduct research and explore new opportunities. Yet, you will set clear priorities and mentor your team to accomplish product plans.
The ideal candidate for this role is a problem solver who proactively identifies and overcomes roadblocks that impact the engineering team. You should have a record that highlights your passion for creating high-quality products that are built through iterative feedback loops with users. Your work history reflects a deep interest in inspiring change, leading in fast-paced startup environments and bringing web and mobile products to market.
You’ll be focused on:
- Turning product ideas into reality.
- Articulating a clear vision for new products and features.
- Working cross-functionally with the founders, engineering, business development, and operations teams to define strategic projects, establish priorities, and develop a product roadmap.
- Leading all customer development activities including user testing, feedback collection, and conversion optimization.
- Rapid prototyping and wire-framing whenever needed.
- Advocating for the user and customer when making product and business decisions.
- Designing go-to-market plans for launching new features and products.
- Providing guidance through major shifts in technology, direction, and business goals.
- Creating an environment where accountability, care and responsibility for the product are paramount.
Required skills & experience:
- BA/BS or equivalent experience.
- Startup experience is fundamental.
- 5+ years of prior experience delivering mobile, web, and API products – shipping products to hundreds or thousands of users.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Experience with agile development and driving results through collaboration.
- Passion for delivering innovative, well-designed products.
- Desire to push boundaries and improve the status quo, including a willingness to take educated risks.
- Ability to bridge product instincts with both qualitative and quantitative data insights to advocate for consumer initiatives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that clearly express thoughts, intentions and directions.
- A solid understanding of product architecture, relevant technologies, SDLC, testing, QA, A/B testing.
We believe in equal opportunity
Dollaride is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.