Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Accounting and Climate Action Analyst
Fort Collins, CO
Type of Job
65,800 - 97,700
Aug 5, 2021
About the job
GHG Accounting and Climate Action Analyst
Brendle Group seeks an early to mid-career Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Accounting and Climate Action Analyst with 2-10 years direct relevant experience to join our team, in pursuit of our company mission to accelerate equitable solutions to address the climate crisis. With offices in Fort Collins and Denver, CO, we will consider local or remote candidates and offer flexible hybrid policies for working from home. We are committed to inclusive and equitable hiring practices, recognizing historic inequities in the engineering, planning, and sustainability professions. Each of our team members has breadth across a range of consulting skills, including one or more in data analysis, energy systems, modeling, GHG accounting, policy, planning, or other sustainability topics. For this position, we are looking for core competencies in GHG accounting and climate mitigation, adaptation, and resiliency analysis.
Based on position requirements, we expect to fill an Analyst II position with a base salary range of $65,800- $84,100 per year or an Analyst III position with a base salary range of $77,200 - $97,700 per year.
To apply, please forward a resume, three professional references, and a compelling cover letter addressing our job requirements and why you’d be a great addition to our team to firstname.lastname@example.org.
. • Date Posted: August 3, 2021. This position will be open until filled. Applications will be screened as they are submitted.
If you feel your qualifications exceed or complement those set forth in this posting and are interested in Brendle Group, please contact us at email@example.com for additional discussion, referencing this posting.
- Serves as team resource in monitoring GHG accounting protocols, protocol changes, and interpretations of GHG accounting rules
- Translates GHG accounting requirements and best practices into custom tool development, in coordination with our data analytics team
- Works with project teams in developing GHG inventories and forecasts as well as techno-economic analyses of mitigation strategies for a range of local government and private sector clients
- Works with project teams to develop qualitative decision support tools that evaluate climate action strategies through multiple lenses, including: potential for mitigation, adaptation, resiliency, equity, and green economy benefits
- Continuously improves and develops internal tools, skills, and resources
Required Qualifications and Experience
- 2-10 years of direct experience with GHG accounting and climate action techno-economic analyses
- Direct experience with GHG data sets and modeling
- Strong knowledge of PC-based software applications including Microsoft Office suite and other delivery technologies and methods, with exceptional Excel knowledge and skill
- Strong writing, verbal communication, and facilitation skills
- If remote, proven experience meeting all requirements including collaboration and communication
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- B.S. or equivalent in GHG management and accounting, energy engineering, environmental sciences, or other related environmental planning, business, or sustainability degree from an accredited 4-year university or college
- Self-motivated, ambitious, innovative team player with a passion for sustainability
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Additional technical expertise in GIS, Tableau, or other visualization tools
- Working knowledge of energy, water, or climate services
- Small business consulting experience and passion
Attributes of Ideal Candidates
- Consistently produces high quality work
- Owns position responsibilities and meets deadlines
- Adapts willingly to changing responsibilities
- Reliable and clear communicator
- Problem solver and critical thinker
- Exhibits professional empathy, perspective, and cultural competence
Salary and Benefits
Brendle Group offers a flexible and collaborative workplace with competitive salary and a generous benefits package, including:
- Salary commensurate with experience and competitive for region and market. Based on position requirements, we expect to fill an Analyst II position with a base salary range of $65,800-$84,100 per year or an Analyst III position with a base salary range of $77,200 - $97,700 per year.
- Employer-paid health, dental, vision, and disability insurance
- SIMPLE retirement plan with employer match
- Full-time or part-time schedules can be accommodated
- Flexible schedule and telecommuting benefits
- Paid time off, accumulating from your first day
- Quarterly floating holidays; summer hours providing extended weekends
- Annual bonus and salary adjustments
About Brendle Group
Brendle Group is an engineering and planning firm committed to balancing the problems our clients need solved today with the collective needs of our communities in the future. Our goal is to collaborate on meaningful projects that have big impacts. Since our founding in 1996, our company purpose has been to create lasting impacts that inspire and sustain our communities and our world.
With more than 350 completed projects across 30 states, our portfolio includes innovative projects that address energy, climate, and water challenges for clients in the public and private sector. We believe our team members bring a unique blend of technical expertise, innovation, and agility to help anticipate and solve new sustainability challenges.
If this sounds like your kind of challenge, roll up your sleeves with us! There’s so much important work to be done. Learn more at https://www.brendlegroup.com/open-positions/.