NM, AZ, CO, UT, NV
Type of Job
About the job
Western Resource Advocates (WRA) seeks a creative and driven graphic design professional to create high quality print and digital collateral. The Graphic Designer will bring WRA to life via visual storytelling and polished, attention-grabbing design to strengthen and grow our brand. Reporting to the Digital Marketing Manager, this position will work across all areas of the organization to take WRA’s brand aesthetic to the next level through the coordination and creation of print and digital materials. The Graphic Designer role is an exciting opportunity to be apart of an organization helping to build a sustainable future for the communities and economies we enjoy in the Interior West.
ABOUT WESTERN RESOURCE ADVOCATES
Founded in 1989, Western Resource Advocates is dedicated to protecting the West’s land, air, and water to ensure that vibrant communities exist in balance with nature. We use law, science, and economics to craft innovative solutions to the most pressing conservation issues in the region within three core program areas: Clean Energy, Healthy Rivers and Western Lands.
In the face of population growth and climate change, the Western United States needs a strong and effective advocacy voice at the regional level to address changes that are already underway and to steer the West towards a sustainable future. WRA has aggressive plans to tackle these challenges. We envision a future in the West where:
- Western rivers and lakes will have abundant clean water to support habitat for fish and wildlife, communities and agriculture, and world class recreational opportunities. The Colorado River will flow to the sea;
- Our homes, buildings and transportation systems will be powered by clean energy. The West will prosper in a zero-carbon economy;
- Half of western landscapes and habitat will be protected and connected to support thriving wildlife populations and unparalleled opportunities to enjoy the West’s natural beauty; and
- The West will have clean air and clean water to support healthy communities and vital habitat.
This position can be based in any of WRA’s offices, which are located in Boulder, CO; Denver, CO; Salt Lake City, UT; Phoenix, AZ; Santa Fe, NM; and Carson City, NV. WRA employees are strongly encouraged to work from home during the COVID-19 pandemic.
PRODUCE PRINT AND DIGITAL COLLATERAL
- Newsletters, annual reports, and publications
- Program two-pagers, highlight summaries, event invitations
- Marketing materials, such as stickers, buttons, posters, brochures, t-shirts, etc.
- Digital ad graphics
- Infographics for web, video, and social media
- PowerPoint templates
- Manage the timely production of print materials to meet scheduling and mailing deadlines
- Work with staff across the organization to gather written content for publication projects
- Manage print vendors to ensure the quality execution of various projects
PROCESSES & DOCUMENTATION
- Organize print and digital collateral in easily accessible folders
- Maintain and organize organization’s photo/illustration assets and licenses
- Proficiency designing for print and electronic media, including print-ready publications, nonprofit or commercial marketing materials, and websites
- Experience designing specifically for social media marketing
- Proficiency in relevant programs: Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign
- Knowledge of the principles of branding and marketing techniques
- Some experience with designing brand imagery relevant to diverse and multicultural audiences
- Ability to maintain brand consistency according to a visual style guide
ORGANIZATIONAL SKILLS/TIME MANAGEMENT
- Ability to manage design projects, such as newsletters and reports, from concept to print, with minimal supervision
- Strong written and oral communication abilities
- Ability to translate written and spoken directions into sophisticated imagery, layout or design
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES
This section is made up of skills that a candidate may come in with, and if not, may be trained on the job. They are not required and candidates who do not possess these skills yet should not be discouraged from applying.
- Proficiency in Adobe Premier Pro or other translatable video editing software desirable
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary range for this position is $45,000-$55,000 annually; salary depends on relevant experience and new staff rarely start at the top of the range. WRA’s excellent benefits package includes health, dental, and vision coverage, a 401(k) retirement plan, life & disability insurance, 3 weeks paid vacation leave, sick leave, parental leave, sabbatical leave after five years; and an RTD EcoPass for staff in the Denver/Boulder metro area. Position is full-time exempt.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: MONDAY, MARCH 15, 2021
Diversity and inclusion are a critical component of our business strategy, mission and vision. We welcome candidates from an array of backgrounds and experiences to join our team. Learn more about our commitment here: https://westernresourceadvocates.org/#commitment-to-diversity.
Western Resource Advocates is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or veteran status.