Type of Job
Jun 13, 2023
About the job
The Grants Specialist coordinates and supports the full lifecycle of all grants for Casey Trees including grant intake, grant writing, grant management, grant tracking and related functions/activities. The incumbent is an excellent writer, highly organized, detail oriented, self-motivated, and able to competently and successfully manage multiple grants and assignments, within required deadlines. The Grants Specialist also is able to strengthen existing and forge new internal and external relationships key to the satisfactory performance of the position.
Compensation and Benefits:
$68,000- $75,000 annually with competitive benefits upon hire, including employer paid premiums for health, dental, vision insurance for employees, paid sick, vacation and holiday time and a 403(b) match after 6 months.
- Researches grants/funding opportunities from a variety of sources including but not limited to private foundations, government agencies, and other institutions
- Understands and coordinates funding priorities of both Casey Trees and donors for maximum success
- Writes clear, understandable grant proposals that are concise, detailed, and persuasive
- Manages the submission process for grant applications in the required format, length and with the requested supporting documentation
- Improves grant-writing at Casey Trees by evaluating and re-designing processes, approach, coordination, and boilerplate language
- Maintains records, files, and documents for past and present grant opportunities on shared network drives and Salesforce CRM
- Processes grant acknowledgments and agreements
- Collaboratively manages internal schedule of deadlines, work responsibilities, and deliverables for all grants
- Drafts, assembles, and submits interim and final grant reports with input from program teams
- Assists Administration Department with grant financial/budget management in accordance with grant requirements including, but not limited to making subrecipient payments; generating financial reports; and ensuring compliance with grant financial restrictions
- Provides training to new staff on grant management and reporting requirements
- Connects people to trees
- Other duties as assigned
The incumbent works primarily in an office setting and must be able to use equipment such as:
- Computers/Printer/Copier/Telephone/Smartphones/Tablets, etc. (not an exclusive list).
- All CT employees may engage in volunteer tree planting and related activities and events in outdoor environments. The incumbent may at times work outside, in the heat, cold and inclement weather and must have suitable clothing. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to talk, hear, stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The incumbent is occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, lift files, open filing cabinets, bend or stand on a stool, etc.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is an exempt position, 40 hours a week. While this is primarily a Monday- Friday 9am-5pm position, there will be rare occasions where the incumbent may work evenings, weekends, and extended hours when needed.
Travel is primarily local in DC, MD, and VA, although some out of the area travel and overnights may be expected.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in relevant field; or equivalent combination of experience and education
- 1-3 years of experience in a similar role
- Strong Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Thoughtful, organized, highly collaborative with great attention to detail
- Experience formulating and adhering to budgets
- Must be able to manage multiple activities simultaneously
- Must be able to establish, track, and meet deadlines, often under pressure
- Is able to focus in an open-office environment
- Coursework or professional training in grant writing or grant management
- Non-profit experience
To apply: go to https://caseytrees.org/about-us/jobs-internships/