top of page
Type of Job
$21.64/hour, plus generous benefits
Feb 15, 2022
About the job
The Grants Administrator (GA) supports the Foundation’s conservation award-making activities by administering grants and contracts from project award to project closure. The GA works with grantee organizations and Foundation staff to ensure project activities and outcomes are achieved in a timely fashion and funds are spent in accordance with Foundation policies and federal regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as NFWF’s primary contact for grantees and contractors from award notification through project closure.
- Act as a liaison between grantees and NFWF program, finance, and compliance staff.
- Collaborate with compliance staff to aid in conducting project fiscal review and budget approval for potential grantees. This process includes, but is not limited to the collection of financial documents such as GAAP and Single audits, 990s, Federally Negotiated Indirect Cost Rate Agreements; and pre-analysis of budgets.
- Generate grant agreements, contracts, and amendments.
- Review and process grantee payment requests, amendment requests, and financial reports. These tasks include but are not limited to the analysis of expenditure reporting; reviewing invoicing documentation; tracking budget discrepancies; reviewing scope, schedule, budget and match amendment requests and coordinating the review process within NFWF.
- Prepare detailed monthly reports on status of grant portfolio.
- Respond to inquiries from grant recipients throughout the project lifecycle.
- Manage project database records and ensure records are complete before project closure.
- Manage a workflow of over 200 grants in a fast past environment by staying up to date with new Foundation policies and federal regulations.
- Utilize NFWF’s Grants Management System to conduct portfolio workflow tasks such as processing payment and amendment requests, crafting grant agreements, reviewing budgets and reports.
- Cover the office front desk and telephone switchboard as requested.
- Maintain proficiency with the NFWF grants management system.
- Other duties as assigned.
SECONDARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with the development and documentation of grants administration policies and procedures.
- Assist with the input and collection of project data.
- Assist in grants management system support and contribute to usability improvements for internal and external staff.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- One to two years of relevant experience; some customer service experience preferred.
- Ability to respond quickly and accurately to requests for information.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical, communication, interpersonal, and follow-through skills.
- Computer proficiency, especially with Microsoft Office suite software including Word and Excel.
$21.64/hour, plus generous benefits.
Please apply using the link below:
bottom of page