Grant Program Manager
Type of Job
Jul 27, 2021
About the job
For the full job description and to apply please see: https://11thhourracing.org/hiring-grant-program-manager/
11th Hour Racing, a Newport RI-based organization, is committed to an innovative approach blending sports sponsorships and philanthropic giving to protect the health of our oceans and waters. We are looking for a truly exceptional person to join 11th Hour Racing to enhance our grantmaking processes and help to advance projects that protect and restore ocean health.
The Grant Program Manager will be responsible for supporting the 11th Hour Racing grantmaking strategy focused on the following three thematic areas: ocean literacy and stewardship; ecosystem restoration, and; clean technologies and best practices in coastal communities and the marine industry. This role will be responsible for strategy development and evaluation, management of a portfolio of grantees, and developing opportunities for partner engagement and collaboration.
Grantmaking Strategy Development and Execution
- Manage the 11th Hour Racing Grant Program Strategy in coordination with the Grant Program Director and other members of the grantmaking team, including creating a detailed theory of change with logic model, tactics and outcomes identified for each focus area
- Identify and cultivate potential new opportunities for transformational change and develop grant recommendations to achieve strategic objectives
- Analyze and refine evaluation data to assess program impacts, gaps, and challenges in the program's strategy, and generate learning that informs future grant-making
- Present grant strategy and recommendations to the leadership at 11th Hour Racing, The Schmidt Family Foundation Executive Director and Board.
- Solicit, review and analyze grant proposals, and prepare recommendations for approval.
- Work closely with grants administration and finance teams to ensure grants are processed in a timely, accurate and compliant manner.
- Oversee budget narratives and allocations in collaboration with leadership at 11th Hour Racing and The Schmidt Family Foundation.
- Lead positive and productive partner relationships with a wide range of organizations and individuals
- Design and implement opportunities for engagement, connection, and learning among the 11th Hour Racing network.
- Manage and execute site visits to grantee and partner locations.
- Identify and collaborate on the creation of strategic communications that showcase the work of 11th Hour Racing’s grantees and our grantmaking strategy.
- Represent 11th Hour Racing at conferences and gatherings.
- Other projects and activities as assigned by the Grant Program Director.
MINIMUM ABILITY, SKILL, & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENT
- Brings a passion for the mission of 11th Hour Racing
- Ability to work effectively in a small organization with an emphasis on teamwork
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skillsAbility to speak, read, and write effectively in English
- Strong interpersonal skills to interface and coordinate professionally with a number of diverse internal and external contacts, including partners, vendors, and fellow team members
- Strong ability to work through administrative processes with a keen attention to detail
- Flexibility to work simultaneously on a wide range of projects and ability to prioritize tasks, manage time effectively, and meet deadlines
- Ability to work legally in the United States.
- Ability to work in Newport, Rhode Island.
MINIMUM PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE, TRAINING, AND EDUCATION
- Master’s degree in Marine Sciences or Policy, Environmental Studies, or similar disciplines with a record that demonstrates suitable preparation for this position.
- Additional background or formal education in restoration, soil science, water quality and climate change is strongly preferred.
- 5 plus years of relevant experience in nonprofit, research or other related fields is required.
- Demonstrated expertise in successfully developing strategy and managing a budget
- Public speaking experience
- Knowledge of ocean and marine industries strongly preferred
- Demonstrated project management skills with experience in administration strongly preferred
- Fluent in Microsoft Office programs and Google Suite
- Salesforce experience preferred
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
11th Hour Racing is an equal opportunity employer and strives to create an atmosphere where diversity of identity, experience, and background are welcomed, valued and supported. 11th Hour Racing believes that diversity brings about greater sustainability on all levels and aims to use its resources to generate greater social and environmental diversity through its grant-making and other related investments. 11th Hour Racing is committed to considering candidates for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability and any other status protected under applicable law, and provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.