Government Affairs Manager
Type of Job
Competitive salary and benefits
Nov 8, 2022
About the job
About AnnDyl Policy Group:
The AnnDyl Policy Group is a policy strategy firm comprised of dedicated professionals committed to developing solutions on matters involving energy and the environment. We offer government affairs, policy advising and strategic engagement support to businesses in the energy efficiency and clean energy industries, including technology and financial sector companies, energy trade associations, and non-profit organizations. As a one-stop-shop for policy analysis, advocacy, and business development, we help clients navigate and shape the energy policy environment and find solutions to complex problems at the federal, state, and local level.
About the Position:
The Government Affairs Manager will be called upon to help implement a number of federal and state energy policy advocacy campaigns, analyze legislation, engage with Congress and Administration officials, advocate on behalf of clients directly with policymakers, develop client-facing materials, and support all other policy work on behalf of clients. Your work will be focused on clean energy and energy efficiency policy issues, including significant client interests in commercial and residential building energy efficiency and electric grid modernization.
This position is based in Washington, DC, but individual will work primarily from home.
Duties may include:
- Lead efforts on client activities, working independently or in coordination with other team members.
- Advocate on behalf of clients with Congress and Administration officials.
- Develop policy and programs to help clients address challenges and/or opportunities in at the state and/or federal level.
- Manage client relationships, supporting the execution of deliverables including managing staff.
- Conduct in-depth research, assist with interviews, and support drafting of policy reports, one-pagers, and other proposals and advocacy collateral.
- Identify and monitor legislative and policy issues relative to AnnDyl’s clients and perform research and analysis on federal policy/regulatory opportunities.
- Track advancement of state and federal bills through the legislative process.
- Work in support of client priorities in the annual appropriations process.
- Support engagement efforts with key stakeholders, legislators, committee members and staff to report on, provide insight and/or update on legislation for clients.
- Attend and client meetings, hearings, webinars, and other events as needed.
- Review congressional news sources and prepare client updates.
- Manage the development of comments and testimony on behalf of our clients.
- Support the execution of “lobby day” activities.
- Be available for meetings in Washington, DC in support of client activities and represent AnnDyl in meetings and at events.
- Bachelor’s degree required and 4+ years working on government activities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, prioritize tasks, and manage time effectively. Must be a self-starter.
- Good judgement, professionalism, and ability to demonstrate tact and courtesy in dealing with co-workers, clients, and other external stakeholders.
- Experience working on or with state or Federal agencies on policy implementation and/or experience driving legislation on Capitol Hill strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with Department of Energy, FERC, and/or the Environmental Protection Agency a plus.
- Proven critical thinking/problem-solving skills and ability to grasp “big picture” concepts as well as granular complexities.
- Highly flexible and adaptable to changing circumstances, capable of working independently and in a team environment.
- Strong ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks with often overlapping deadlines while maintaining a high degree of thoroughness and accuracy
- Experience in energy efficiency or clean energy policy a plus.
- Familiarity with IIJA and Inflation Reduction Act, as well as Appropriations, preferred.
The AnnDyl Policy Group offers a highly competitive salary and provides generous benefits. Individuals interested in this position should send resume and cover letter as soon as possible. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
The AnnDyl Policy Group is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
To apply: Please send your resume and cover letter to HR@anndyl.com