Gift Processing and Stewardship Coordinator
Type of Job
$45,000 - $50,000
Apr 1, 2021
About the job
Founded in 1936, the National Wildlife Federation has grown into America's largest and most trusted grassroots conservation organization with 53 state/territorial affiliates and more than six million members and supporters, including hunters, anglers, gardeners, birders, hikers, campers, paddlers, etc. The mission of the National Wildlife Federation is to unite all Americans to ensure wildlife thrive in our rapidly changing world. The organization's programs focus on conserving wildlife, restoring habitat and waterways, expanding outdoor opportunities, connecting children with nature, and addressing the causes and consequences of climate change.
To advance our mission, we are seeking a full-time Gift Processing and Stewardship Coordinator to join our team, in Reston, VA. (Due to COVID-19 all employees are working remotely until we make return to work decisions).
As an integral part of a cross-functional team, our Gift Processing and Stewardship Coordinator will be responsible for a range of donor relations and operations functions aimed at ensuring the continued success of our fundraising and donor engagement efforts.
A primary area of your focus in this position is centered around gift processing for the Federation’s individual giving programs. You will be central to providing both timely and accurate processing of VIP gifts, as well as the critical coordination of meaningful acknowledgements.
You will also assist the Mid-level program in addressing special needs and customer service calls, donor inquiries received directly to headquarters, and targeted outreach as needed. You will be effectively cross-trained and versed in the CRM systems, protocols and data management best practices.
As this position will, at times, be forward-facing with members and supporters, you are expected to possess strong communication and interpersonal skills.
In this role you will:
- Serve as lead gift processor for individual giving, to include processing and acknowledgement of both restricted and unrestricted contributions; work with the Finance team to ensure contributions deployed across the organization mirror the donor’s intent.
- Assist with content generation, internal review, production, and delivery of various direct marketing packages, solicitations, and fundraising appeals.
- Collaborate with various business units, program leads and agency partners regularly, helping to ensure our teams are communicating and working together effectively.
- Provide back up and assistance to donor relations officers engaging donors to recognize contributions through handwritten correspondence, calls, and emails.
- Leverage research, personal interactions, and other insights to qualify donors for additional stewardship and cultivation opportunities for donor relations officers.
- Maintain constituent profiles and accurately enter demographic information, contact reports, and various moves relating to donor qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship, performing these and other CRM-related functions with regularity and consistency.
- Maintain standardized reports and analysis to inform leadership’s efforts to monitor and evaluate portfolio management, strategy implementation, revenue generation, and resource deployment.
- A college degree or 1-2 years of direct fundraising or nonprofit organization experience preferred
- A passion for the preservation and protection of wildlife and wild places is a plus
- Penchant for effectively and efficiently managing multiple processes and deadlines, ideally in a fast-paced office environment
- Superior interpersonal skills, and excellent writing and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and, when necessary, as an integral part of the team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and familiarity with CRM, various databases and management reporting tools.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Click HERE to apply.
The salary range for this position is currently $45,000 - $50,000 annually, dependent upon qualifications and experience.
The National Wildlife Federation values work-life balance and a family-friendly atmosphere. Our paid time-off includes 3 weeks of vacation leave, open wellbeing leave, 10 paid holidays, 3 floating holidays, a week-long winter break, and additional leave options, per year. In addition, our benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, company paid life insurance, AD&D, short and long-term disability, 16 weeks of paid FMLA leave, 403b retirement plan with employer matching and annual contribution, adoption benefits, and flexible work options including telecommuting, non-traditional work hours, and compressed work weeks. Applicants are invited to learn more about National Wildlife Federation’s benefits package at https://www.nwf.org/About-Us/Careers.
We strive to increase diversity, equity, inclusion and justice (DEIJ) in all elements of our work and with our partners to support the interdependent needs of wildlife and people in a rapidly changing world. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote regardless of race, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, genetic information, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are invited to learn more about National Wildlife Federation’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion at nwf.org/equity.
If you have a disability and require an accommodation or assistance with our online application process, please tell us how we can help by calling us at 703-438-6244.
The requirements listed in our job descriptions are guidelines, not hard and fast rules, and if you have 75% of the qualifications listed we encourage you to apply. Your experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work, which helps build the competencies, knowledge, and skills that translates directly to our openings. Applying gives you the opportunity to be considered.
Candidates should submit a cover letter and resume.
If selected for this position, a background check will be conducted.