Gift Planning Coordinator
Type of Job
High 40's to mid 50's
May 19, 2021
About the job
Founded in 1936, the National Wildlife Federation has grown into America's largest and most trusted grassroots conservation organization with 53 state/territorial affiliates and more than six million members and supporters, including hunters, anglers, gardeners, birders, hikers, campers, paddlers, and outdoor enthusiasts of all ages and stripes. The mission of the National Wildlife Federation is to unite all Americans to ensure wildlife thrive in our rapidly changing world. We advance this mission through programming focused on conserving wildlife, restoring habitats and waterways, expanding outdoor opportunities, connecting children with nature, advancing environmental justice, and addressing the causes and consequences of climate change.
The National Wildlife Federation believes that in order to save wildlife and ourselves, we need to ensure that everyone in America has clean air and water, safe communities, easy and equitable access to the daily benefits of nature, and protection from the ravages of climate change. These basic needs, equally necessary and urgent for all people, are foundational to bringing the conservation movement and ethos into the 21st century.
We are looking for a Gift Planning Coordinator to join our team in Reston, VA. Please Note: Due to COVID-19 all employees are working remotely until we make return to work decisions.
In this role you will be responsible for providing administrative support, assist in marketing efforts, and deliver technical database knowledge to support Gift Planning at the National Wildlife Federation. You will manage a variety of donor engagement efforts, coordinate prospect marketing materials, serve as team lead for CRM data integrity, and create reports for tracking and evaluation purposes. The role is central to the overall success of the program.
In this role you will:
- Coordinate segmentation of gift planning prospect mailings (2 newsletters, 2 targeted mailings) in collaboration with Philanthropy staff.
- Design gift planning marketing collaterals in accordance with NWF brand and style guidelines.
- Manage gift planning marketing schedule and maintain team calendar.
- Process all inquiry responses to mailings by reviewing constituent records, updating information and fielding inquiries to Gift Planning Officers as necessary.
- Produce routine correspondence and “welcome packets” for all new Legacy Society members and ensure donors are appropriately acknowledged by relationship managers.
- Design invitations and provide list pulls for donor events. Assist in planning and execution of Legacy Society and other donor events when necessary.
- Maintain results from marketing efforts to track gift planning metrics that are used to reflect results of marketing and donor-centered strategies.
- Serve as team lead to streamline CRM data entry and process to ensure data integrity. Also serves as point of contact for gift planning team in collaboration with other Philanthropy teams and CRM staff.
- Aid in the development of presentations and materials for internal meetings.
- Collaborate with the Philanthropy Operations team to develop and maintain standardized reports and analysis to inform leaderships’ efforts to monitor and evaluate portfolio management, strategy implementation, revenue generation, and resource deployment.
- Appropriately cross train and build an understanding of department operations in order to serve as a resource and assist with various deliverables as necessary.
- Answers toll-free lines and routes calls as appropriate.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 3 years of administrative experience required.
- Superior interpersonal skills, and excellent writing and communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills. Attention to detail is essential.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, prioritize and meet deadlines is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Bachelor’s degree is highly desirable.
- Previous experience in a non-profit setting is preferred.
- Familiarity with Philanthropy and passion for the preservation and protection of wildlife and wild places a plus.
- Knowledge of marketing software is a plus.
- Familiarity with CRM is a plus.
Your actions are expected to reflect the staff values of the National Wildlife Federation: collaboration, mindfulness, empowerment, inclusivity, and mission focus.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
The salary range for this position is currently in the high 40's to mid 50's annually, dependent upon qualifications and experience.
The National Wildlife Federation values work-life balance and a family-friendly atmosphere. Our paid time-off includes 3 weeks of vacation leave, open wellbeing leave, 10 paid holidays, 3 floating holidays, a week-long winter break, and additional leave options, per year. In addition, our benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, company paid life insurance, AD&D, short and long-term disability, 16 weeks of paid FMLA leave, 403b retirement plan with employer matching and annual contribution, adoption benefits, and flexible work options including telecommuting, non-traditional work hours, and compressed work weeks. Applicants are invited to learn more about National Wildlife Federation’s benefits package at https://www.nwf.org/About-Us/Careers.
We strive to increase diversity, equity, inclusion and justice (DEIJ) in all elements of our work and with our partners to support the interdependent needs of wildlife and people in a rapidly changing world. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote regardless of race, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, genetic information, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are invited to learn more about National Wildlife Federation’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion at nwf.org/equity.
If you have a disability and require an accommodation or assistance with our online application process, please tell us how we can help by calling us at 703-438-6244.
The requirements listed in our job descriptions are guidelines, not hard and fast rules, and if you have 75% of the qualifications listed we encourage you to apply. Your experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work, which helps build the competencies, knowledge, and skills that translates directly to our openings. Applying gives you the opportunity to be considered.
Candidates must submit a cover letter and resume.
If selected for this position, a background check will be conducted.