Geologist / Modeler Specialist (2022-2193)
Arlington, Virginia; Waltham, MA
Type of Job
Commensurate on experience
Feb 7, 2022
About the job
Who We Are
At Cadmus, we recognize that solving the world’s most challenging problems can’t be accomplished alone or with cookie-cutter solutions. That’s why we look for team players and problem solvers who are driven to use their unique perspectives and intellectual curiosity to help deliver breakthrough solutions that achieve transformative goals. On the Cadmus team, you’ll collaborate with leading experts to help our clients across the globe.
Cadmus’ mission is to deploy industry-leading expertise to help our clients achieve extraordinary results that strengthen society and the natural world. We offer competitive compensation, outstanding health care and retirement benefits, a vibrant and collaborative work environment, and opportunities for professional growth. We are committed to advancing diversity and fostering a culture of equity in the workplace and across society, and we strive to maintain an inclusive environment where all employees feel connected, respected, and valued.
Join Cadmus. Let’s solve the world’s most challenging problems together.
What You’ll Be Doing
Cadmus is searching for a geologist with a strong focus on one or more of the following: hydrology, hydrogeology, geology, subsurface flow and solute transport simulation, or reactive transport modeling. The successful candidate will be a part of a growing team that supports U.S. EPA's Office of Water and state programs on technical issues related to subsurface injection operations such as carbon geologic sequestration, enhanced oil recovery, and deep well injection of hazardous and nonhazardous wastes.
Successful candidates will have a professional demeanor and possess exceptional research, writing, oral communication, and analytical skills, enabling them to support Cadmus’ mission to successfully meet clients’ needs. Cadmus emphasizes working effectively in a team environment with a commitment to the highest standards of excellence.
- Responsibilities include conducting background research and literature reviews of subsurface processes and/or site-specific reservoir investigations;
- Compiling data;
- Reviewing information related to geologic settings, site hydrogeology, formation hydrogeologic properties, fluid chemistry, and other aspects of the siting and operation of subsurface injection projects
In addition to a solid foundation in geology and hydrogeology, the applicant should be familiar with the concepts and geologic and hydrogeologic inputs for numerical modeling of multi-phase, multi-component subsurface flow and transport. The ideal applicant would also have direct experience conducting such modeling, including data pre-/post-processing by using existing software packages and/or developing new codes, documenting research and analysis through technical reports and user documents, and preparation of graphical and tabular outputs for inclusion in reports and presentations.
- Advanced degree (M.S. or Ph.D.) in Environmental/Earth Sciences (e.g., geology, earth science, environmental science/engineering with a focus on physical geology, hydrology/hydrogeology, or related disciplines) and a strong background in geology and/or hydrogeology.
- A minimum of six (6) years of related work experience.
- Strong understanding of one or more of the following areas: structural geology and stratigraphy, subsurface flow and transport, fluid-pore interactions, and subsurface systems with multi-scale/multi-phase physics. Knowledge of reservoir engineering and dynamics or well construction/testing are a plus.
- Ability to critically review and synthesize complex compilations of disparate types of geologic, hydrogeologic, and operational data and information.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Fluency in MS Office applications.
- Minimal travel may be required post-COVID.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States as a U.S Perm Resident or U.S. Citizen.
- Familiarity with and, ideally, experience using subsurface multi-phase flow and transport simulators such as the STOMP or TOUGH suite of simulators.
- Strong GIS experience.
- Experience in consulting or working for the federal government.
- A record of peer-reviewed publication(s).
Additional Information: To be considered, all candidates must submit a resume, a cover letter and a 2-5 page writing sample.
Based on eligibility and job status, Cadmus offers an excellent benefits package to include: medical, dental, vision, company paid disability and life insurance, 401(k) program, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, voluntary time off (VTO), tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance program, other optional benefits and various bonus programs.
Full vaccination against COVID-19, and compliance with Cadmus’ vaccination verification procedures, is a condition of employment with Cadmus, unless the individual is legally entitled to a reasonable accommodation. Prospective and/or new U.S. employees will be required to submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. “Full vaccination” means two weeks have passed since the individual received: 1) their second shot in a two-dose vaccine series (such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine) or 2) their shot in a single-dose vaccine series (such as the Johnson & Johnson vaccine). Information regarding the process for requesting a reasonable accommodation will be included in the offer letter issued to any prospective employee.
Cadmus is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination. Cadmus is committed to providing a respectful workplace where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation (including gender identity and/or expression), national origin, military and veteran status, physical and mental disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Learn more about Cadmus by visiting our website at: http://www.cadmusgroup.com