Type of Job
Jan 4, 2022
About the job
Fundraising Coordinator with the Northern Forest Center
Concord, NH (partial remote work possible)
The Northern Forest Center, Inc. (the Center) is a nonprofit organization that creates bold possibilities that give rise to vibrant communities in Northern New Hampshire and across the four-state Northern Forest region. Since 1997, the Center has implemented programs and advanced policies that connect community, economy and environment to accelerate inclusive prosperity across the 30-million-acre Northern Forest of northern Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont and New York. Our work advances both a shared commitment to stewardship of the Northern Forest landscape and an economy that delivers purpose, innovation and widespread opportunity for people.
Title: Fundraising Coordinator
Job type: Part time, 20 hours a week
Reports to: Director of Development
Supervises: No direct reports
Location: This position is semi-remote, requiring 1-2 days in the Concord office
The Northern Forest Center is in the quiet phase of a 3-year capital campaign. The Fundraising Coordinator fills a key role in the organization, working closely with the Director of Development, President, Development Officer, Campaign Chairs, Committees, and other staff and volunteers to help keep the campaign on schedule and progressing at a momentum that engenders a sense of excitement, optimism and confidence in achieving the campaign goal. The Fundraising Coordinator is an internally-focused position requiring excellent organizational and analytical skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
Major gift/investment strategy (40%)
· Conducts prospect identification and research of prospective individuals, corporations and foundations and brings them to the Fundraising Team for qualification
· Oversees preparation materials for major donor meetings including donor research and proposed solicitation strategy
· Ensures records of the meeting are updated in Salesforce and follow-up actions are noted
· Manages preparation and records next steps for Fundraising Team major donor strategy meetings
Campaign Committee Coordination (25%)
· Schedules campaign committee meetings and ensures that all preparatory materials are complete
· Attends each meeting and tracks follow-up items for committee members and staff
· Organizes and monitors volunteer assignments and follow-ups with special attention on helping campaign volunteers reach out and engage with prospects for the campaign
Communication and Marketing (10%)
· Assists in executing a marketing and communications plan to publicize the campaign and to maintain its momentum once the campaign is public
· Coordinates campaign-related events
· Helps maintain integration of Salesforce and Mailchimp to facilitate donor and donor prospect communication
Database management and Administration (25%)
· Works with staff to acknowledge all campaign gifts and pledges and prepares pledge payment reminders and pledge agreements
· Works with the Fundraising Team to ensure that all campaign donations and investments are acknowledged with appropriate recognition and appreciation
· Maintains ongoing Campaign progress dashboards
· Together with the Grants and Development Coordinator, oversees Salesforce ecosystem health – updating information like contacts, relationships, and affiliations.
· Above all, we seek an individual who is open to learning, is motivated to take on new challenges, and comfortable collaborating daily with varied workstyles. The ideal candidate is a collaborative self-starter who seeks efficiencies and quality improvements. Strong time-management skills are highly desired, as are demonstrated research and problem-solving skills. Excellent inter-personal, verbal and written communication skills required.
· Prior experience in fundraising preferred but not required.
· Knowledge of the following preferred but not required:
o Experience conducting prospect identification and research for development goals
o Experience working on or supporting capital campaigns
o Familiarity with Salesforce CRM system or management of other database/CRM system.
o Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat Pro and InDesign.
· Ability to travel occasionally with other staff to attend in- and out-of-state meetings, which can include overnight stays.
The Fundraising Coordinator is a part time position with an hourly pay range from $18-$22/hour commensurate with experience. The Center provides a prorated benefits package including health insurance and vacation time.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work expected for this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Please submit a cover letter and resume detailing your interest and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Fundraising Coordinator Application.” No calls, please.
The Northern Forest Center is committed to the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion and is proud to maintain employment practices based upon individual qualifications, merits, and achievements. All decisions to recruit, hire, promote, and release from employment are made without discriminating according to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, political beliefs or disability.