Type of Job
Sep 4, 2021
About the job
Part-Time Position: Finance Manager
We are seeking a Finance Manager with a commitment to non-profit work and our mission. Qualifications include a BA degree (accounting/finance focus preferred) with 3 years' accounting experience, including working in nonprofit organizations and with grant compliance. In addition to caring about our mission, you should be organized and capable. The position is part-time - 20 hours per week. It is a non-office based position with most of the work done virtually.
Anthropocene Alliance (A2) is the nation’s largest coalition of frontline communities fighting for climate and environmental justice. Spread across 34 states and territories, Aa’s leaders reside in communities impacted by multiple, un-natural disasters including flooding, wildfires, and air and water pollution, all compounded by reckless development and climate change. The consequence is shattered lives and a devastated environment.
Anthropocene Alliance was launched in 2017 to help unite impacted communities and strengthen their resistance to bad development, government inaction and public ignorance. Linked by research, solidarity, and knowledge born of experience, our frontline leaders have brought national visibility to their struggle for climate justice. We support everyone we can, but our special priority is low- income, Black, Latinx, Native American and other underserved communities.
We are now seeking a Finance Manager to work closely with the Executive Director, Harriet Festing, to manage our finances and payroll. The person will work directly with the Executive Director and staff to facilitate day-to-day accounting, budgeting, tax, and reporting needs for the organization. They will:
- Process regular accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Prepare and review all general ledger journal entries
- Prepare quarterly and ad-hoc reports for Board of Directors.
- Prepare monthly financial statements, month end closing, reconciliation, and analysis.
- Track expenditures and revenues by function, activity, and grant. Track cash flow and project expenses vs budget for large grant programs. Prepare required reporting to third parties.
- Prepare cash flow and financial projections for the organization.
- Assist the Executive Director in preparing the annual budget and mid-yearbudgets
- Help prepare budgets and finance reports for grant applications.
- Assist with year-end audit and tax reporting.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations and account analysis.
- Review balance sheet accounts and operating transactions.
- Provide payroll functions and related accounting
- Stay up to date on relevant legal, regulatory and sector developments
- Ensure that we are compliant with A2’s finance policy, and reviewing andupdating the policy as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Executive Director
- Help set up and manage a 401(k) plan and health benefits plan.
Skills and Qualifications: Managing processes, grant management, financial software (QuickBooks preferred), payroll software, financial skills, analyzing information, Microsoft Office suite and Google environment
You will ideally have:
- Three of more years experience in accounting
- Bachelor’s degree, accounting/finance focus preferred
- Experience with nonprofit organizations and grant compliance
To apply, email Harriet@AnthropoceneAlliance.org with your resume and cover letter.