Type of Job
Jan 13, 2022
About the job
Evergreen seeks to hire a full-time Finance Director, our first full-time development hire, to help us raise the funds needed to develop bold policies that will tackle the climate crisis and transition to a just and equitable economy run on 100% clean energy. In partnership with the Executive Director and the finance consultant, the Finance Director is responsible for directing and executing all fundraising operations. The Finance director will be responsible for drafting and implementing the organization’s finance plan and will be accountable for meeting and exceeding monthly, quarterly and yearly fundraising goals. The ideal candidate will have strong fundraising and grant writing experience, excellent written and oral communication skills and a minimum of 3-5+ years working in a fundraising leadership role for a campaign or non-profit. It is Evergreen’s intention to maintain a small and nimble fundraising operation.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Develop and execute Evergreen’s fundraising plan for 2022 and 2023 establishing goals, metrics for success and key benchmarks in collaboration with the development consultant
- Produce written content including, but not limited to, grant proposals and reports to grant-making organizations, factsheets for programs and initiatives, as well as customized impact updates for existing and prospective funders, ensuring that our commitment to racial justice and equity are integrated throughout materials.
- Make funding asks – both in person and written.
- Manage existing funder relationships and prospects with an emphasis on funders who support projects that push for racial justice and equity, in line with organizational priorities.
- Project manage and guide Evergreen leadership who participate in fundraising, grant relations and proposal pitches.
- Serve as primary writer and producer for select proposal and report packages, and as needed.
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job so we encourage you to apply, even if you don’t believe you meet every one of our qualifications as described
- 2+ years of managing a 2m+ plus finance operation and/or
- 3-5 years of experience managing high net donor relationships and/or
- 3-5 years of grant writing experience
- Experience creating finance/development plans
- Connection to climate donors
- Non-profit/advocacy experience is a plus
- Highly organized and attentive to detail
- Excellent writing and analytical skills, with talent at translating complex and detailed and policy work into clear and compelling language suitable for funder audiences.
- Appetite to work in a fast-paced, high-energy environment, with corresponding abilities, i.e. strong skills juggling tight timelines and competing deadlines with longer-term tasks.
How to Apply
- Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with "Finance Director" in the subject line.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary: $8,000-$8,800/month or commensurate with experience
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits package that includes 100% employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance, 3% employer match retirement account and paid holidays, vacation, sick, and volunteer time off.
Evergreen’s mission is to lead all-out mobilization of the federal government to defeat the climate crisis. The President and Congress must put bold climate action at the top of America’s agenda and create millions of jobs in a just and inclusive clean energy economy. We empower climate and community leaders, and advocate for policymakers to adopt the urgent climate and economic policies that science demands.
Evergreen is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. Evergreen’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.