Type of Job
May 4, 2022
About the job
Evergreen seeks a full-time summer fellow to support policy development and support the execution of strategic policy rollouts to ensure Congress and the Biden Administration take bold action on the climate crisis. This is a unique opportunity to help a growing advocacy group. The primary responsibilities will include working interdepartmentally to achieve the goals of Evergreen’s policy rollouts by conducting policy research, analysis on legislation and executive branch action, assisting in stakeholder outreach, and supporting the communications and digital team. The ideal candidate will have strong policy research and analysis skills and familiarity with federal climate policy. The position is paid.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Provide research and policy development support for Evergreen policy products
- Work collaboratively with the Digital and Communications teams to execute policy rollouts
- Conduct research, monitor relevant committee hearings and provide briefs for Policy Managers and Communications team
- Participate in Hill and partner outreach, as it pertains to Evergreen policy products
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job so we encourage you to apply, even if you don’t believe you meet every one of our qualifications as described
- A current graduate student or recent graduate is preferred
- Experience working in government, non-profit or campaign setting is preferred
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as within a team, under tight deadlines
- Highly organized and attentive to detail
- Self-motivated and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and see them through to completion
- Familiarity with federal climate policy and Hill experience is preferred but not required
How to Apply
Please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Fellow” in the subject line.
Compensation and Benefits
Benefits: Paid holidays, vacation, sick, and volunteer time off.
Evergreen’s mission is to lead all-out mobilization of the federal government to defeat the climate crisis. The President and Congress must put bold climate action at the top of America’s agenda and create millions of jobs in a just and inclusive clean energy economy. We empower climate and community leaders, and advocate for policymakers to adopt the urgent climate and economic policies that science demands.
Evergreen is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. Evergreen’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.