Farm Crew (Landscape Laborer)
Type of Job
16+ per hour and overtime
May 28, 2021
About the job
The incumbent performs a wide range of manual tasks, including but not limited to: tree production, grounds and facilities maintenance, equipment maintenance/repair, etc.
This position performs a variety of functions geared toward tree production, and farm maintenance including but not limited to:
- Tree planting, pruning, suckering, tying, staking, inventory, weeding, spot-spraying, mulching, calipering, digging, balling, burlapping, root bagging, etc.
- Operates power and non-powered equipment/tools, including but limited to: tractors, track loaders, mowers, augers, tree spades, chippers, sprayers, tillage implements, seed drills, wood splitters, stump grinders, pumps, shovels, chainsaws, line trimmers, blowers, drills, saws, etc.
- Routine equipment and small engine maintenance such as: oil and air filter changes, lubrication, blade sharpening, etc.
- Miscellaneous tasks: painting, fence repairs, cleaning, event set-up, minor carpentry, etc.
- Promotes a safety culture by reducing hazardous conditions resulting from human error, equipment and machine operations that may lead to human injury and/or property damage
- Performs other duties as assigned
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, year-round position. The incumbent must be able and willing to work evenings, weekends, and extended hours when needed.
Outside, year-round in heat, cold and inclement weather.
- The physical demands and work environment described are representative of what is encountered while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is frequently required to sit, talk and hear, constant use of hands and fingers to feel, handle or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms is required. The incumbent is occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and walk, lift and/or move up to 60 pounds frequently and seldom up to 80 pounds. Vision requirements include close-up, distance, peripheral, color, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Hourly wages start at $14-16/hour plus overtime. Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, graduated match 403(b), paid holidays, and time off.
- One-year experience in landscaping, farming, or similar field
- Ability to arrive to work on time and ready to work
- Good communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Two or more years’ experience in farming, landscaping, tree/plant production or similar field
Apply directly at this link:
or go to caseytrees.org/jobs