Type of Job
Mar 31, 2023
About the job
Join us. Do Work that Matters!
MobilizeGreen seeks conservation-minded Maintenance Fellows who want a career opportunity in one or more of the trades with the federal government. Through its partnership with the US Fish & Wildlife Service (“FWS”), MobilizeGreen is implementing the FWS’ Maintenance and Infrastructure Fellowship program for diverse participants. Fellows will work on a variety of maintenance projects on a network of public lands and waters called the National Wildlife Refuge System. The Maintenance Fellowships typically are for 52 weeks.
As a Fellow, you will work in a beautiful setting, learning maintenance, project management, equipment use, and leadership development. Through mentorship and training, Fellows will gain the opportunity to launch their career with a non-competitive or through other hiring authorities once they successfully complete their fellowship. Through mentorship and training, Fellows will gain the opportunity to launch their career with a non-competitive or through other hiring authorities once they successfully complete their fellowship.
MobilizeGreen is an organization committed to diversity. This fellowship program pays particular attention to groups underrepresented in the FWS workforce including but not limited to African American/Black, Asian, Pacific Islander, Native American, Alaska Native, Hispanic/Latino, and people that identify as LGBTQ+ or with disabilities.
Locations 22 States and 2 Regions
For specific site locations within a state, click here.
- Hands on learning and job training experience
- Paid orientation and travel to orientation
- Mentorship for career and professional development
- Weekly living allowance ($650 - $850 per week)
- Monthly housing or housing allowance (up to $1500)
- Relocation assistance (if applicable)
- Health insurance option
- Certificate of non-competitive hiring eligibility (with successful completion of fellowship). Other authorities may apply.
- Asset and Facility Maintenance: rehabilitates, repairs, and upgrades various exhibits and structures.
- Vehicle Maintenance: operates and maintains gasoline and diesel vehicles.
- Grounds Maintenance: uses hand tools, tractors or skid steer type loaders.
- General Maintenance: maintains work areas and assists with any maintenance issues that arise onsite.
- Project Management: participates in large-scale collaborative deferred maintenance projects; and/or leads or co-leads a small infrastructure project.
- You must have received your high school diploma or GED by the start date.
- You are at least 17 years old and not older than 30 years old (veterans may apply up to age 35).
- You have a strong interest in the FWS fellowship program.
- You must be available to serve for 6 or 12 months in a selected location.
- You need the ability to interpret oral and occasionally written instructions and specifications and follow safety practices.
- You have the skill in or ability to learn operation of tools and equipment.
- You have a valid driver's license.
- You are a citizen or lawful permanent resident.
Equitable selection process. We encourage you to apply ASAP.
For more information on MobilizeGreen go to: www.mobilizegreen.org