Events Planning Assistant
Greenfield MA and Virtual
Type of Job
±10 hours/week, $15/hour, Part Time and Temporary
Mar 30, 2021
About the job
Seasonal Position: Events Planning Assistant
Connecticut River Conservancy (CRC) seeks a qualified individual to work alongside our team who can commit to the following tasks, most of which are office tasks. Additional tasks TBD.
- Work within a dynamic and growing environmental organization.
- Help bring CRC’s river-themed programming to the community and bring the community to our rivers
- Assist with planning and implementation of the Source to Sea Cleanup.
- Expand your knowledge of river issues and how to tackle them.
- Post events on our digital channels, to include Eventbrite, social media and website calendar.
- Create flyers.
- Participate in planning phase of the Cleanup, to include attending & recording meeting notes, follow up on tasks
- Support CRC’s Advocacy Campaign – research and implement tasks TBD
- Research and order supplies, pick-up where possible
- Prep and mail welcome packets, supplies; deliver local supplies where possible
- Distribute Cleanup posters
- Outreach to town/city departments for Cleanup support – promotion, trash disposal, etc.
- Outreach and support to youth groups and local organizations, particularly in urban areas
- Coordinate Spanish language translation of Cleanup materials
- Potential to host a cleanup group in your local area
- Research new options for plastic recycling, tire disposal
- Electronically input trash data and submit final data to stakeholders
- Photograph/videotape when in-person events are possible
Desired Skill Sets:
- Experience with social media, Excel spreadsheets, WordPress and other mapping tools
- Excellent writing skills, attention to detail
- Interest in river ecology, stewardship and advocacy
- Proficiency in Spanish
- Ability to work in office environment (in person or remote)—collaborative, hard-working, sense of humor
Hours and Compensation: ±10 hours/week, $15/hour. Start/end approximately April-October
Deadline to apply: April 9, 2021, or until position filled.
How to apply: Go to for description and application form. Resume and cover letter required.