Environmental Policy Manager
Type of Job
60,000 - 70,000
Nov 16, 2021
About the job
General Description: Maryland League of Conservation Voters (Maryland LCV) and Maryland League of Conservation Voters Education Fund (Maryland LCVEF) seeks an Environmental Policy Manager to work across our water and climate programs to bolster our technical expertise and the impact of our advocacy and educational efforts. Our top organizational priorities are climate change, environmental justice and advancing policies and programs pertaining to water, forest, and other conservation issues. This is an ideal early to mid career position for a person with scientific and/or policy expertise looking to have a major impact on environmental policy for all Marylanders. This position reports to the Executive Director and works closely with the entire staff.
- Serve as the organization's resource on the science and technical implications of particular policies, regulations, proposed legislation, and educational / community outreach programs.
- Support coalition partners and serve as state lead for the Choose Clean Water Coalition.
- Closely advise the Executive Director and Political Director on proposed priority bills in the Maryland General Assembly.
- Analyze and advise on policy positions including developing position statements and white papers, and related briefing materials; Support policy advancements by developing outreach campaigns that include political strategy, communications, and grassroots organizing;
- Work closely with Maryland LCV’s grassroots organizing efforts in environmental justice communities;
- Represent Maryland LCV as needed on state-level technical workgroups, commissions and coalitions
- 2-3 years of environmental science / policy experience, particularly in the areas of climate, energy, water, forestry, or environmental justice.
- Excellent writing skills, including ability to translate technical language and policy research into accessible public materials.
- Ability to consistently integrate racial justice and equity concepts into projects and interactions.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational / time-management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability as a self-starter and problem-solver.
- Ability to work under periods of high intensity pressure and deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task and work both independently and in team settings.
- Shares Maryland LCV’s commitment to increasing racial diversity in our movement and organization, integrating justice and equity into the work we do and ensuring an inclusive organizational culture. Commitment to environmental protection and mission of Maryland LCV.
Salary and Compensation: Salary is in a range of $60k - $70k depending on qualifications and experience. The salary is accompanied by a generous benefits package including health, dental, and vision insurance, paid time off, and a 401K plan with an employer match.
Position Requirements: This is a full-time position. MDLCV is currently working in a hybrid from home / in office model - employees are expected to work from the office on a set schedule, but not 5 days a week. As the COVID-19 situation evolves, this policy will shift and more in-office time may be required. After business hours work may be required.
To Apply: Send a cover letter and resume to Kim Coble at firstname.lastname@example.org with Environmental Policy Manager in the subject line. Applications accepted until the position is filled.
Maryland LCV, a 501(c)(4) organization activates Marylanders to promote and pass equitable laws and policies for clean water, healthy air and a resilient climate. We hold elected officials accountable, and educate and endorse candidates for public office. The Maryland LCV Education Fund is a 501(c)(3) organization that supports and amplifies a diverse and inclusive environmental movement across the state. Through outreach and education, the Education Fund supports communities disproportionately impacted by environmental injustices and builds grassroots field capacity for legislative advocacy and environmental issues. The Maryland LCV PAC is the organization that directly helps elect pro-conservation candidates.
Maryland LCV & Maryland LCV Ed Fund are Equal Opportunity Employers committed to a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace.