Engineer Consultant (2022-2316)
Type of Job
Commensurate on experience
Sep 21, 2022
About the job
Who We Are
At Cadmus, we recognize that solving the world’s most challenging problems can’t be accomplished alone or with cookie-cutter solutions. That’s why we look for team players and problem solvers who are encouraged to use their unique perspectives and intellectual curiosity to help deliver breakthrough solutions that achieve transformative goals like accelerating decarbonization and clean energy adoption. At Cadmus, you’ll collaborate with leading energy experts to help our clients across the globe incorporate renewable energy, reduce electricity consumption, improve distributed energy systems, and attain energy equity.
Cadmus’ mission is to deploy industry-leading expertise to help our clients achieve extraordinary results that strengthen society and the natural world. We offer competitive compensation, outstanding health care and retirement benefits, a vibrant and collaborative work environment, and opportunities for professional growth. We are committed to advancing diversity and fostering a culture of equity in the workplace and across society, and we strive to maintain an inclusive environment where all employees feel connected, respected, and valued.
Join Cadmus. Let’s solve the world’s most challenging problems together.
What You’ll Be Doing
Cadmus seeks an Engineer Consultant to join our Energy Services business unit, focused on Residential, Commercial, and Industrial Energy Efficiency. This position is an opportunity to apply engineering skills as a consultant, and to draw valuable conclusions by collecting and analyzing data on how complex systems operate under real-world conditions.
This position will support Cadmus' engineering, metering, and data logging department. Cadmus maintains an inventory of thousands of meters and data logging equipment that we deploy at project sites. Strong candidates will enjoy working in the field and have hands on experience with installing and removing electric metering equipment.
The Energy Division team at Cadmus assists clients in quantifying the performance of energy efficiency projects, evaluating energy efficiency and clean energy programs, providing actionable insights for clients through engineering studies, analysis, and research, conducting project due diligence, and providing other relevant technical expertise on a variety of clean energy technologies. At Cadmus, you’ll collaborate with leading energy experts to help our clients across the globe incorporate renewable energy, reduce electricity consumption, improve distributed energy systems, and attain energy equity. From research and policy development to project implementation, our work supports the advancement of energy efficiency and distributed energy in the marketplace.
- Perform residential, commercial, and industrial site visits to verify energy efficiency measure installation and operating parameters, install power metering equipment, and/or collect relevant data to inform engineering analysis of energy savings
- Analyze collected data using analytical techniques with software tools such as Excel, Python, or R; identifying trends; optimizing weather or production-normalized models; summarizing program events; and identifying impacts on program results
- Develop technical approaches for EM&V across a range of energy efficiency projects, in accordance with appropriate protocols
- Report and present results and findings, as well as actionable recommendations to clients
- Experience with project and budget management
- Work efficiently and collaboratively with interdisciplinary teams providing technical input and support to their projects
- Participate in research efforts, ensuring consistency and quality of research methods
- Conduct quality control reviews of efficiency projects and analysis
- Serve as technical support to develop metering approaches and solutions
Support field staff with troubleshooting metering that can arise before or during site visits
Act as a technical support for new product review and adoption
Work with project managers to brainstorm metering solutions
Support proposals as needed with metering design and solutions
- Serve as technical support and safety liaison
Promote safety protocols and ensure adequate supply of PPE for field staff
Work with Cadmus leads to facilitate staff training on metering, data logging methods and electrical safety
Evaluate equipment for obsolescence and replacement
- Perform administrative duties such as:
Review and maintain metering equipment inventories and database
Maintain staff metering skills tracking workbook
Approve meters related equipment, PPE and other supplies purchase orders and invoices
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical, mechanical, industrial engineering or related field
- Over five (5+) years of demonstrated professional experience in the commercial and industrial sector
- Prior experience deploying power metering and data logging equipment
- Experience reviewing electrical drawings
- Strong interest in energy efficiency, carbon reduction and mitigation technologies, and clean energy
- Experience analyzing energy use of commercial and industrial systems, using analysis techniques, such as regression models and bin analysis, cross-validation, and parameter tuning/optimization
- Familiarity with project management practices and tools, including developing schedules, assigning resources, and budget tracking
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, demonstrating the ability to communicate complicated issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making capabilities
- Intermediate to advanced experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Driver’s license (vehicle ownership not required)
- PE or electrical license
- Prior electrical work experience on up to 600V systems
- AEE Certified Energy Manager or Certified Measurement & Verification Professional certification or ability to acquire one within a year of employment
- NFPA 70E certification
- OSHA 10/30 General Industry certification
- Willingness to travel domestically for a duration of up to 1 week at a time
- Position will require the candidate to engage in moderate physical activity, such as climbing ladders and carrying equipment weighing up to 50 pounds
- Position will be a hybrid position, located in Portland, Oregon. Successful candidate will spend approximately 2 days in an office setting on a biweekly basis.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States as a U.S Perm Resident or U.S. Citizen
Based on eligibility and job status, Cadmus offers an excellent benefits package to include: medical, dental, vision, company paid disability and life insurance, 401(k) program, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, voluntary time off (VTO), tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance program, other optional benefits and various bonus programs.
Full vaccination against COVID-19, and compliance with Cadmus’ vaccination verification procedures, is a condition of employment with Cadmus, unless the individual is legally entitled to a reasonable accommodation. Prospective and/or new U.S. employees will be required to submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. “Full vaccination” means two weeks have passed since the individual received: 1) their second shot in a two-dose vaccine series (such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine) or 2) their shot in a single-dose vaccine series (such as the Johnson & Johnson vaccine). Information regarding the process for requesting a reasonable accommodation will be included in the offer letter issued to any prospective employee.
Cadmus is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination. Cadmus is committed to providing a respectful workplace where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, physical and mental disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Learn more about Cadmus by visiting our website at: http://www.cadmusgroup.com