Energy Engineer - Existing Buildings
Denver, CO, United States
Type of Job
Jan 19, 2022
About the job
Our Existing Buildings Team works on a wide variety of projects in Colorado and other states around the country. Our exciting and challenging projects include laboratories, higher education, K-12, healthcare, office, aviation, and federal government facilities among many others. Our existing building services include energy audits, retro-commissioning, monitoring-based commissioning using SkySpark software, BAS upgrade design, and a variety of other energy related studies. We are hiring a self-motivated and creative Energy Engineer with excellent technical and communication skills. We are looking for an individual with a strong commitment to energy efficiency, customer service and a responsible work ethic.
- 0-5 years of experience with commercial buildings, preferably with experience in MEP design, energy services, commissioning, or other related consulting.
- Working knowledge of commercial HVAC, plumbing, and building control systems.
- Physically located in the Denver metro area with the ability to travel for out of town projects up to 20% of the time.
- Strong Microsoft Excel spreadsheet skills for engineering calculations
- Strong technical writing skills for report deliverables
- Able to effectively prioritize multiple tasks with excellent organization and time management skills.
Other Desired Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree in engineering from an accredited program.
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE), or Engineer in Training (EIT) with the intent to pursue a PE is a plus.
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM) or other related energy credential is a plus, but not required.
- Support energy projects with review of documentation, utility analysis, Energy Conservation Measure (ECM) savings calculations, and report writing.
- Execute field work to review equipment operation and perform testing for retro-commissioning projects.
- Assist with Measurement and Verification (M&V) projects to confirm savings achieved.
- Perform other general analysis and report writing for a wide variety of projects.
This is a full-time position and offers the following benefits:
- Salary range: $60,000-$75,000
- Annual bonuses
- Retirement plan with socially responsible investment options and company match
- Health insurance and life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Family leave
- Work hours policy that allows flexibility and includes paid time off for 9 holidays and 4 weeks of personal time
- Paid volunteer time
- Alternative transportation payment (e.g. get paid to ride your bike, walk, etc.)
- Flexible schedules
- Annual education stipend and professional memberships
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Charitable giving policy
Please include the following in your correspondence:
- A cover letter that includes:
- An overview of your key strengths, both professionally and personally.
- The reasons you feel you’re a great addition to the Group14 team.
- Your resume.
- A writing sample.
- Any additional information you feel is beneficial in our understanding of you and your work.
Submit your cover letter and resume to Maria Pinon, email@example.com. Include “Energy Engineer” in the subject line. Successful applicants will be called to schedule a phone interview. After a successful phone interview, an in-person interview will be scheduled.
Group14 is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of age, race, color, creed, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, national origin, religion, disability, veteran status, military obligation, marital status, genetic information or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. It is therefore our policy and practice to provide equal opportunity to all job applicants and employees in all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, discipline and termination.