Energy Efficiency & Distributed Energy Resources Planning Senior Associate (2021-2061)
OR-Portland, MA-Boston, CA-Oakland, GA-Atlanta, MA-Waltham, VA-Arlington, Virginia, WI-Madison
Type of Job
Commensurate on experience
Sep 3, 2021
About the job
Cadmus seeks a Senior Associate to join our Planning and Assessment Team. We support advanced analytic and strategic consulting services to energy companies, utilities, governments, and non-profit organizations. We are looking for talented, bright, and driven people who have experience and interest in energy efficiency, demand response, solar PV, building electrification, electric vehicles, and combined-heat and power to provide strategic planning, potential assessments, market research, and data analytics services to support clients.
The successful candidate will develop analytically advanced methods for estimating demand-side management resource potential and produce detailed client deliverables used to inform technical decision making, short-term program, and long-term resource planning.
The Senior Associate will be responsible for leading projects from start to finish, drawing from the expertise of colleagues in addition to their own professional and industry experience. Senior Associates should be prepared to understand client needs, manage projects to exceed client expectations, lead project teams, and mentor junior staff.
Project and Staff Management
- Project leadership including ensuring all deliverables meet Cadmus standards and exceed client expectations
- Essential project management activities including budget tracking, invoicing, project planning, staff balancing, and resource management
- Active communication with and coordination of project teams, including constructive feedback and expectations
- Continuous communication to Cadmus Energy Services leadership and support teams, including accounting, accounts payable, contracts, and operations regarding the health and status of all projects and tasks
- Staff planning for projects and direct reports
Planning Assessment Research
- Oversee or conduct research and analysis related to demand-side potential assessments across a range of technologies including energy efficiency (e.g., efficient HVAC, water heating, lighting, and plug load equipment), DR, EVs, solar, CHP, and emerging technologies
- Provide technical leadership in supporting policy, economic, and technical exchanges with clients, project stakeholders, internal staff, and other decision-makers
- Lead or provide subject matter expertise to inform data analytics and modeling
- Nurturing and building existing client relationships as a primary point of contact. Providing clear and consistent communications on projects and raising any concerns or issues
- Developing detailed reports and presentations of results, findings, methodologies, and data sources, in addition to providing clear, actionable recommendations to clients
- Active participation in the development and execution of business development activities, including cultivating existing client relationships to expand existing work and supporting Cadmus in proposal development
- Collaborate on business development in partnership with Principals
- Build Cadmus reputation through conference presentations and papers
- Occasional travel required
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant area of study such as mechanical or environmental engineering, economics, statistics, mathematics, environmental studies, or other quantitative social science.
- Industry experience in utilities, market research, energy efficiency, energy efficiency program planning, and/or resource planning
- At least 10 years of experience managing or leading research or planning projects that include both qualitative and quantitative techniques
- Demonstrated ability and experience managing multiple projects and project teams
- Demonstrated understanding of concepts related to energy efficiency, DR, solar, electrification, and distributed energy resource potential studies
- Experience in data analysis and interpretation
- Experience with project planning and budget management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, demonstrating the ability to communicate complicated issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience making independent decisions
- Intermediate to advanced experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Master of Arts or Science in a relevant area of study such as mechanical or environmental engineering, economics, statistics, mathematics, environmental studies, or other quantitative social science.
- Prior consulting experience working independently to make decisions
- Staff management and development experience
- Business development experience
- Intermediate to advanced skills with R or Python
- This is a full-time opportunity located in Cadmus’ Portland, OR, Other Cadmus Offices or remote.
- To apply, submit resume along with a cover letter
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States as a U.S Perm Resident or U.S. Citizen
Based on eligibility and job status, Cadmus offers an excellent benefits package to include: medical, dental, vision, company paid disability and life insurance, 401(k) program, employee stock ownership plan (ESOP), paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, voluntary time off (VTO), tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance program, other optional benefits and various bonus programs.
Cadmus is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination. Cadmus is committed to providing a respectful workplace where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, physical and mental disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Learn more about Cadmus by visiting our website at: http://www.cadmusgroup.com