Electric School Bus Incentives Project Manager I
Remote - CA preferred
Type of Job
$62k - $81.84k
Oct 26, 2023
About the job
CALSTART is growing! We are #hiring an Electric School Bus Incentives Project Manager I to support the Bus Initiative and Market Acceleration activities related to electric school bus incentives. You will work closely with our HVIP School Bus Program Manager, Deputy Director, Senior Bus Director, and Senior Market Acceleration Director. The successful candidate will also work support cross-team functionality with the Clean Fuels and Infrastructure team to roll out a seamless joint application (infrastructure and vehicles).
Our Project Manager I will also:
- Support cross-team functionality between the project team and other internal and external teams collaborating and/or supporting HVIP.
- Engagement with CARB, CEC, and all industry stakeholders
- · Monitoring of voucher requests, redemptions, vehicle scrappage, etc.
- Support synergies between this Set-Aside and other school bus funding mechanisms, in order to articulate a seamless end-user experience for school districts and stakeholders.
- Support school bus stakeholder industry engagement as it relates to the above synergies and industry momentum more broadly.
- Work with Salesforce Team to support voucher processing system for this funding opportunity.
- Work with our outsourced Voucher Processing Center team to support implementation.
- Work with funding agency employees CARB, industry stakeholders and the above-mentioned team members to support incentive design, stakeholder engagement, participation and policy implementation, and end-user experience.
- Support monitoring of voucher requests, redemptions, vehicle scrappage, and other voucher request documentation including supporting development of SOPs and internal controls for these deliverables.
We are a nationally and internationally recognized clean transportation industry organization with offices in multiple states and Europe. With more than 30 years of experience, we work with public and private sectors to break down barriers to innovation and drive the transportation industry to a clean and prosperous future.
We work with member companies and the broader industry, including fleets, manufacturers, public agencies, and fuel providers, to advance the clean transportation industry. Our work is organized into the major initiative areas; cars, buses, trucks (and off-road equipment), fuels, and innovative mobility. We advance each of these sectors by supporting technology development, assessing, and validating new technologies and products, accelerating market growth by supporting clean vehicle incentive programs, providing policy guidance and implementation, and giving value-added services to our member organizations. We believe now is our time, and we are planning for growth. If you want a career where you are making a real impact and benefiting both society and the environment, you should consider coming to work with us!
- Bachelor's degree in Public Administration, sustainability, or other related fields or equivalent combination of education and experience
- One year of Project Management experience
- One year of experience with writing grant applications or grant work, preferably transit-related projects.
- Three years of customer service experience in a professional setting.
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills as well as ability to communicate via presentations and written deliverables
- Strong ability to meet or exceed deadlines and able to work with minimal supervision or direction
- Proven ability to multitask and handle complexity.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of CA incentive landscape and policies including CARB's portfolio of funding or other public agencies.
- Knowledge of program management tools, website tools, Microsoft Office suite of applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Competitive annual salary based upon experience
- Performance-based growth opportunities
- Competitive company-paid health plan that includes dental and vision care
- Retirement plan with a generous company contribution
- Employee Incentive Program (bonus) yearly based on performance
- Employee Wellness Program that includes on-demand fitness and mindfulness classes
- Telecommuting and flexible work hours as appropriate
- Rewards for alternative commuting to and from work
- Committed to employee growth and development
Salary and Benefits
To apply: If you are up to this challenge, we invite you to apply. Qualified candidates, please apply online with your resume and cover letter at www.calstart.org/careers
CALSTART includes the complete salary range for our Project Manager I level ($62,000 to $81,840). This will be combined with the benefits identified above for a total compensation package that is industry leading. We determine starting pay based on education, experience, internal equity, and any other factors relevant to the job. Starting pay for this role will typically be from $62k to $68K.
CALSTART, Inc. is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and one that celebrates diversity in all forms. Our inclusive environment focuses on making decisions based on merit without regard to race, color, hair texture, gender, religion, age, nationality, social or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, LGBTQIA+ status, marital status, pregnancy, disability, genetics, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. This applies to any terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including recruiting, hiring, transferring, training, pay, incentives, benefits, discipline, promotion, lay-offs, and termination. Underrepresented candidates are encouraged to apply.
#cleantransportation #sustainability #EV #GHG #electricbus #schoolbus #zeb