Type of Job
About the job
Want to be a part of designing a totally innovative learning curriculum that merges interdisciplinary STEAM-based learning together with Climate Justice?
We are seeking an education coordinator/curriculum developer with a range of skills to help us design and deploy the Climate Clock curriculum for classrooms and other learning environments across the US and the World.
The Climate Clock — a collaboration of scientists, artists and activists — launched in September 2020 and immediately made waves across the globe, focusing the world’s attention on our critical time window for climate action. In the wake of its viral launch we have received a flood of interest from around the world from both major institutions and grassroots teams who want to set up clocks in their cities to pressure decision makers to raise their climate ambitions. We are scaling up to meet that demand and are hiring for several positions including an Education Coordinator, described below. (More info about Climate Clock here.)
Position: Education Coordinator / Curriculum Developer
Start Date: Immediately
Hours: 10-15 hrs/wk @ $25/hr on contract basis; with possibility of increase to 20 hours @ $30/hr in near future
- Develop an interdisciplinary STEAM-based curriculum built around the Climate Clock DIY “maker-kit”
- Integrate a Climate Justice lens into that curriculum
- Establish relationships with teachers, school districts, educator networks and other curriculum providers
- Form team of expert advisors within the STEAM & CJ subject areas; hire consultants if needed
- Adapt curriculum to work in range of educational contexts: high school, undergrad & extracurricular
- Respond to incoming requests from students, teachers, schools, and other education related entities;
- Support teams of students & teachers wanting to use Climate Clock to build awareness in their schools
- Build on existing relationship with the March For Science (NYC) curriculum team, and outreach to March For Science (National) educators network
- Build and manage a volunteer team of students and educators to assist your efforts
- Help establish a translation process for eventual multi-language formats
- Worked in education, teaching or related fields; familiar with curriculum development process
- Extremely well-organized; self-starter
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Project Management & Impact Producer skills
- Adept at Slack, Zoom, WhatsApp, Action Network CMS, Trello
- Familiarity w spreadsheets, google forms & other online tools for managing expanding # of participants
- Familiar with scaling up horizontal (decentralized) organizing systems or multi-site chapter-based orgs
- Comfortable working remotely as part of a virtual, internationally-distributed team
- Familiar with social movement — and ideally climate justice — work
Climate Clock aspires to be an inclusive and liberatory project. We value a diversity of life experiences and perspectives on our team. We strongly encourage applicants who identify as persons of color, women, and/or gender non-conforming to apply. We are an equal-opportunity employer.
Please apply to the job via this google form and attach your resume and cover letter as a file upload at the end.
Note that due to the volume of inquiries, we may take several days to respond.