Type of Job
$42k – $48k
Jun 10, 2021
About the job
Urban Green’s Education programs educate and empower the building community to integrate sustainability in their work. Urban Green is looking for an Education Associate to manage the outreach and delivery of our flagship programs, Crushing the Energy Code and GPRO: Green Professional Building Skills Training. These courses teach architects, engineers, construction workers and building operators essential green building practices to ensure that their buildings are healthy, efficient and high-performing.
These courses are offered directly by Urban Green, and also through a large partner network around the country, so managing these partnerships is a critical part of this position. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to play a pivotal role in building and maintaining Urban Green Council’s world-class sustainability training.
This will be a largely remote position, but will require regular visits to the Urban Green office for select tasks and events.
The person who will best succeed in this role:
● Is a systems thinker who is able to hit the ground running, learn new systems quickly and is always looking for new ways to innovate and improve internal operations. This person enjoys making processes more efficient and implementing those changes.
● Values building industry relationships and enjoys partnering with people across the building sector. They are interested and able to make connections between what the industry needs and the training we provide.
● Enjoys working in a customer service capacity whether it is answering student questions, helping people register for a course, or teaching a new instructor how to use our online instructor portal. They are happy to speak with our community and help solve problems.
● Likes to be the public face of an organization or program and has an interest in representing Urban Green at industry events to a wide variety of audiences. This includes at partner trainings, trade shows, or at Urban Green meetings and programs.
A few other qualities we're looking for include:
● Organization. This person is skilled at handling details on multiple workstreams and is able to keep track of educational offerings, pricing structure, and partners.
● Understanding of the green building community in NYC and around the country and a belief that training plays a key role in fighting climate change.
● Marketing skills. This person can think creatively to develop new and improved strategies for marketing and outreach. They can create and execute effective day-to-day outreach materials such as emails and one-sheets, and also effectively work with our Communications Team on more complex marketing projects. They can think out of the box to create new course promotions and expand our audience.
● Enjoys taking initiative and is interested in managing all aspects of a project, including leading new initiatives.
● Relationship Management:
○ Onboarding new partners and instructor to build effective long-term relationships, ensure that roles and responsibilities are clear
○ Providing customer service support to students and clients registering for courses and serving as the point of contact for students, partners, and instructors.
○ Conducting regular partner check-in calls to ensure partner needs are met
○ Coordinating with the Curriculum Development team to ensure a streamlined process for product launch, annual content updates and student feedback
● Outreach and Marketing:
○ Managing monthly newsletters, social media accounts, and website content including blogs. Working with the Communications team on effective outreach materials including emails, one-sheets, web pages and social media.
○ Managing GPRO Sales pipeline/opportunities and conducting outreach to develop new leads for partners and clients.
○ Developing new marketing strategies for our programs and conducting regular email and phone outreach to associations, nonprofits and Urban Green contacts to build awareness and foster interest in Urban Green’s educational offerings.
○ Representing Urban Green educational programs at industry events (limited travel may be required when safe) such as conferences, trade shows, and industry events.
● Course Delivery:
○ Managing every stage of course delivery for all Urban Green student and instructor trainings: sales, contract signing, securing venue, scheduling instructors, shipping materials, managing rosters, sending and grading exams, processing evaluations, and issuing certificates.
○ Managing the GPRO Store and ensuring products get delivered on time.
○ Helping create and compile monthly and quarterly Education reporting for staff, funders, and the Board of Directors to track progress against goals.
○ Supporting the implementation of our new Learning Management System.
○ Supporting quality control across all courses, including course and exam updates, instructor training, instructor evaluation, and student feedback.
Benefits and Compensation: The salary range for this position is $42,000 - $48,000. Offers will be made commensurate to experience. Benefits include:
● 100% employee coverage for medical and dental
● 401k with 4% employer match
● 15 vacation days in your first year, 8 paid holidays, and 2 personal days
● Office closure between Christmas and New Years
● Early closure on Fridays during the summer
● 100% employee coverage for Life, Short Term and Long Term disability insurance
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Statement
Urban Green Council is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
How To Apply
If you are interested in this position, please fill out this application form. If we are interested in moving forward with the interview process, we will reach out. No phone calls please.
Urban Green’s Organizational Values
● Excellence: We strive for innovative high-quality programs and ideas.
● Inclusion: The diverse voices and backgrounds of our employees, board of directors, members, and partners make us stronger.
● Collaboration: We believe consensus delivers better solutions and teamwork is essential to our success.
● Engagement: We promote a culture of performance, participation, and curiosity.