Eastern Campaign Manager
Type of Job
$105,000 to $120,000.
Apr 15, 2022
About the job
To apply for this position, click link: https://careers-nrdc.icims.com/jobs/4838/eastern-campaign-manager/job
Eastern Campaign Manager
Posted Date2 weeks ago(4/1/2022 2:39 PM)
Job ID 2022-4838 # of Openings 1 Group Center for Policy Advocacy 
The Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) is a non-profit environmental advocacy organization. We use law, science, and the support of 3.1 million members and online activists to protect the planet's wildlife and wild places and to ensure the rights of all people to clean air, clean water, and healthy communities. NRDC was founded in 1970 and our staff helped write some of America's bedrock environmental laws, including the Clean Water Act, and many of the implementing regulations. Today, our staff of more than 700 lawyers, scientists, economists, policy advocates, communications experts, and others work across the United States and internationally from our offices in New York; Washington, D.C.; Chicago; Santa Monica; San Francisco; Bozeman, Montana; and Beijing.
NRDC is seeking an experienced Campaign Manager to work with the Center for Policy Advocacy’s Campaigns team working out of our Washington office, but with location flexibility in other parts of the Eastern United States based on the right candidate. The Center for Policy Advocacy organizes and guides governmental lobbying, campaigns, and strategic partnerships to advance the institution’s environmental policy goals. Reporting to NRDC’s Eastern Campaign Director in our Washington, DC office, the Eastern Campaign Manager will develop and implement advocacy tactics to influence federal and state policymakers in the Eastern states. The Eastern region primarily covers the following states: New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Virginia, North Carolina. The Eastern Campaign Manager will also manage priority campaigns for the NRDC Action Fund, whose mission is to build political support for advancing the environmental goals of the Natural Resources Defense Council.
- Plan, develop and implement regional and state campaign plans and budgets for advocacy and accountability initiatives in close collaboration with Program, Advocacy, and Communications partners and with federal campaign teams. This includes direction of staff activities and financial resources to accomplish goals and objectives of campaigns assigned.
- Engage in multiple concurrent priority campaigns, including for the NRDC Action Fund.
- Incorporate voter, membership, or other data and quantitative metrics into campaign efforts, including, field, paid media, and earned media.
- Organize, nurture, or advance partnerships with environmental and non-environmental state and local organizations to achieve campaign objectives.
- Support and provide professional expertise to multi-departmental teams across NRDC, including communications, programs, and operations. Write, edit, and review educational and advocacy materials.
- Ensure strategic engagement of key state/regional stakeholders, such as state/regional elected and appointed decision makers, labor leaders, and the business community.
- Manage campaign consultants and vendors as assigned.
- The position does not have direct staff reports but there is a great deal of cross-institutional project and people management required in the role.
Note: There may be travel or outside of 9-5 work time expected due to legislative or other time-sensitive matters required for this position. This is done in collaboration with the employee and respectful of their work-life balance and other responsibilities.
- 5 years of experience in campaigns, politics and/or advocacy.
- Candidate will have managed a budget on a campaign. This will include developing proposed budgets and managing approved budgets.
- The ideal candidate is experienced in and adept as both an organizer and as a campaign tactician and will be able to demonstrate this experience through several campaigns demonstrating a wide range of tactics.
- Candidate should be experienced in and well-prepared to frame issues, use polling and other research to guide advocacy communications, experience developing targeted audience strategies utilizing the voter file and other analytics tools, and organizing outreach to stakeholders and coalition partners through a variety of paid and earned campaign tactics.
- Proven experience in managing internal processes, project teams and budgets.
- Experience in analyzing information, formulating plans, and conveying them in writing and through oral presentations.
- Some experience or familiarity in local and regional media relations. Includes effective television, digital, and radio presence and knowledge of media technologies.
- Track record or a professional network in politics, government, and non-profit advocacy.
- Ability to represent NRDC with maturity, judgment, and professionalism.
- Commitment to NRDC’s values and mission.
NRDC is committed to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion, both in our work and in our workplace. We believe that celebrating and actively welcoming diverse voices and perspectives is essential to solving the planet's most pressing environmental problems, and we encourage applications from candidates whose identities have been historically under-represented in the environmental movement. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a supportive working environment. Salary is based on a nonprofit scale and is commensurate with skills and experience. For this position, the salary is $105,000 to $120,000.
Since March 2020, NRDC’s offices have been closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. You will be associated with one of our offices, but until circumstances allow us to re-open, we will continue to support NRDCers with remote working arrangements.
To apply, visit www.nrdc.org/careers and upload your résumé and cover letter. Please mention where you saw this posting and upload any additional materials that showcase your abilities. Due to the high volume of applications, we will contact only those candidates we would like to interview. Please no phone calls, emails, or in-person résumé drop-offs.
If you experience technical problems while applying or if you are a person with a disability and need assistance applying online, please reach out to iCIMS Customer Care at 1-800-889-4422.
For more about NRDC, visit www.nrdc.org.