E-Commerce Web Content Manager
Type of Job
$65,000 - $75,000
Sep 30, 2022
About the job
Founded in 1936, the National Wildlife Federation is America’s largest and most trusted grassroots organization with 53 state/territorial affiliates and more than six million members and supporters, including hunters, anglers, gardeners, birders, hikers, campers, paddlers, and outdoor enthusiasts of all stripes. The Federation’s mission is to unite all Americans to ensure wildlife thrive in our rapidly changing world through programming focused on conserving wildlife, restoring habitats and waterways, expanding outdoor opportunities, connecting children with nature, and addressing the causes and consequences of climate change.
To support our mission, we are seeking a Web Content Manager who will find ways to optimize shopnwf.org and cardshopnwf.org websites and oversee site navigation and content development. The Web Content Manager will work directly with the Ecommerce Manager to write, edit, and build content for the shopnwf.org and cardshopnwf.org websites that compels people to engage, shop and purchase.
- Improve customer shopping experiences that include homepage and product page merchandise placement, consistent color themes and CTA (call to action) buttons, online conversion tools/shopping links on products featured in online catalogs, guest log-in and checkout pages, cross-selling categories, cart abandonment and site navigation
- Collaborate with the Digital Marketing Manager to connect website content to strengthen social and SEO strategies in order to increase traffic to the site
- Analyze website data to determine ways to increase conversion rates and AOV through storytelling, product descriptions and displays, as well as other optimization opportunities
- Conduct thorough keyword research to inform product nomenclature
- Follow marketing and promotional calendar developed by the ECommerce Manager to create all graphics and copy needs for ShopNWF and Cardshopnwf sites
- Conceptualize and create graphics for all marketing emails, social posts, homepage and category banners, and product spotlights to include video clips
- Write copy and promotional verbiage for all marketing emails, banners, and social posts including: ~20 emails per month, ~40 homepage banners per month, ~12 category and collections banners per month, and ~8 product spotlights per month
- Execute updates to web pages with graphics/products on a weekly/monthly basis
- Manage front-end and back-end webpage development, working closely with host service provider
- 3-5 years of related ecommerce professional experience
- Experience with Google Analytics and similar tools
- Use data analytics and creative problem-solving to create and execute strategies that increase user engagement
- Working knowledge of HTML
- Ability to build content with interactive elements that drive and engage organic traffic
- Experience with content management systems, Sitecore a plus
- Excellent copywriting and editing skills – concise writing, proper grammar, syntax, spelling and punctuation
- Experience writing content for a large-scale site with multiple editors and content owners.
- Strong understanding of website technology, social and email marketing including SEO, SEM, Social Media Platforms
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to handle aggressive deadlines, and leadership skills required to reset functional, timeline, and cost expectations based on strategic scope changes.
- Ability to work independently and as a collaborative team player who is curious and can quickly gain knowledge about all areas of the business.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills
Your actions are expected to reflect the staff values of the National Wildlife Federation: collaboration, mindfulness, empowerment, inclusivity, and mission focus. Your competencies should include:
- Being motivated by values of equity and responsibility to those most marginalized;
- Consistently bringing a high level of empathy and social skills to work and interpersonal interactions;
- Being committed to deepening an environmental justice approach in policy priorities, program development and partner engagement;
- Actively seeks feedback, direction, and guidance from all team members and keeps staff informed of decisions that impact them;
- Being dedicated to advancing NWF’s internal equity transformation and compelling partners and allies to incorporate equity into their work; and
- Passion for and commitment to NWF's mission
Compensation and Benefits:
The salary range for this position is currently $65,000-$75,000 annually, dependent upon qualifications and experience.
We are proud of our designation by Mogul as a Top 100 Workplace with the Best Benefits in 2021! We value work-life balance and a family-friendly atmosphere with flexible scheduling. We want you to be able to integrate work and personal life with attention to your self-care, so that your work schedule is not depleting. We offer benefits so you feel restored and fueled through the day and week.
We offer these supports to help manage your mental, emotional, and physical health:
- Paid time off: Vacation that starts off at three weeks accrual, unlimited wellbeing (this time can be used for physical, spiritual, emotional, cultural, religious or financial wellbeing for yourself, a partner, or family member – including pets), 10 holidays, and 3 floating holidays
- We close down for a paid winter break between December 25 to January 1 to recognize end of-year stress, and time for reflection, rejuvenation, and spending time with family.
- Up to 16 weeks of fully paid Family and Medical Leave
- Low-cost health, dental, and vision insurance options – all outpatient mental health is covered at in-network rates
- Therapist available at no cost
- Pet insurance and discount perk program
- Annual wellbeing allowance
In addition to your salary, we offer the following supports to your personal finances:
- Retirement plan with immediate match and vesting
- Annual year end retirement contribution
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Adoption and Surrogacy assistance
- Pet adoption stipend
- Student Loan management
Applicants are invited to learn more about National Wildlife Federation’s benefits package at https://www.nwf.org/About-Us/Careers.
The National Wildlife Federation closely follows the 2019 Novel Coronavirus Disease and has implemented processes that promote the safety of our employees, candidates, and communities. Because the health of our employees and candidates is a top priority, we conduct our hiring process virtually via phone or video until further notice. We are currently starting our positions as remote, and are continuing to explore what our future of work will be moving forward. Proof of vaccination will be required to join the National Wildlife Federation.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Candidates should submit a cover letter and resume.
We strive to increase diversity, equity, inclusion and justice (DEIJ) in all elements of our work and with our partners to support the interdependent needs of wildlife and people in a rapidly changing world. We recruit, employ, train compensate, and promote regardless of race, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, genetic information, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are invited to learn more about National Wildlife Federation’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion at nwf.org/equity.
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job, therefore our job descriptions are guidelines, not hard and fast rules. Your experience, which may include paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work, helps build the competencies and knowledge that translates to our openings. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and a culture of excellence. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions.
Please let us know if you require accommodations during the application or interview process by reaching us at email@example.com or 703-438-6244.
If selected for this position, a background check will be conducted.