Distributed Organizing Data Specialist
California, United States, Colorado, Florida, United States, Georgia, Illinois, Maine, Maryland, Nevada, New York, New York, United States, North Carolina, Oregon, Virginia, Washington, Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Type of Job
$60,000 [commensurate with experience]
Aug 20, 2022
About the job
Greenpeace is a global, independent campaigning organization that uses peaceful protest and creative communication to expose global environmental problems and promote solutions that are essential to a green and peaceful future.
The Distributed Organizing Data Specialist will help us use data and insight to lift off and develop our local organizing infrastructure which will allow volunteers to organize in their own communities, learn core skills, and build relationships that keep them involved in this work for the long haul. They will center around how to collect, track, and analyze volunteer data and the tools that allow us to organize.
This role is for somebody who is passionate about strengthening and diversifying the environmental movement, and sees data and analyzing as a key way people power can be built through distributed organizing and on-the-ground action as the way to win big change.
This is a full time, exempt position based in any authorized Greenpeace state: CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, IL, MD, ME, NC, NJ, NV, NY, OR, VA, WA. This position will report to the Distributed Organizing Manager.
The Distributed Organizing Data Specialist will:
- Bottomline the Distributed Organizing teams tracking and reporting and lead the development and onboarding of new tools.
- Work closely with the data team to ensure that the Distribute Organizing team is in line with overall Greenpeace data strategy and tools.
- Consult and work alongside project managers to ensure that they are embedding data and evaluation in their project .
- Lead the distributed organizing data working group including regular meetings and check-ins.
- Create systems for data tracking and report back to the team on performance.
- Manage project evaluations around deep engagement distributed electoral pushes.
- Prepare - or ensure others are preparing - clean and simple reports/ documentation that monitors, tracks, evaluates, analyzes, and distills learning from distributed organizing work, including results from emails, peer to peer contact, online tactics, webinars and trainings,scaling leadership, and forms to enhance team learning and results.
- Test & Evaluate new tools for tracking and analyzing volunteer recruitment, growth, and management.
- Be flexible and responsive in projects pivot and support programs as needed in order to meet the stated goals.
- Use online tools such as SMS, peer-to-peer texting, email, social media, etc. to mobilize Greenpeace supporters around our campaigns.
- Flexible working hours including evenings required.
The Minimum Requirements for the Distributed Organizing Data Specialist include:
- 3-5+ years of organizing experience and 2-3+ years (or 1-2 electoral cycles) of specific experience in distributed organizing.
- 2-3+ years in volunteer, electoral, or evaluative data management.
- A demonstrated ability to manage projects that involved thousands of volunteers, and plug them into long-term organizing structures.
- Experience project managing or working alongside staff in executing distributed organizing work.
- Experience using data to build volunteer and distributed organizing strategy.
- Exceptional interpersonal and leadership communication skills.
- Experience with digital and data tools, Slack, Google Drive, Zoom Webinars, EveryAction or other CRMs, Tableau, Civs, Mobilize or other distributed action or data management tools.
- Demonstrated commitment and skills for building a more equitable, diverse, and inclusive movement.
- Comfort with and enthusiasm for working in a fast-paced campaigning environment, including juggling multiple priorities.
- Willingness to experiment, take risks and learn from successes and failures.
- Creative and strategic thinker and problem solver.
- A driving passion to secure a sustainable, healthy and just future for all.
If you want to join the fight against climate change and believe in environmental justice, please submit an application on our careers page. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and will conclude once we have found the best candidate.
Greenpeace is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, class, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, family/marital status, religion or other protected classes. We strongly encourage applications from marginalized communities. If you require assistance applying to this opportunity, please contact email@example.com.
COVID - 19 Notice:
As of Q1 2022, most Greenpeace employees are working from home due to COVID-19. In accordance with Greenpeace values to maintain a safe and healthy working environment, we have adopted a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health of our employees, supporters, and the community at large from COVID-19.
Current and future employees in need of an exemption from this policy for medical reasons, or because of sincerely held religious beliefs may request exemption. Accommodations will be granted where they do not cause Greenpeace undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others.
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION:
Greenpeace USA values a healthy work-life balance and has flexible, family-friendly employment policies. Our competitive benefits package for full-time employees includes medical, dental, and vision coverage with low contributions from staff. We have options for pre-tax flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care costs. Greenpeace employees enjoy generous 401K matching and time off for vacation, sick, personal, and parental leave. After five years, staff are eligible for a paid sabbatical. To encourage public transportation use and biking, we offer subsidies for staff who choose to bike or ride mass transit to work. Greenpeace is committed to the growth and development of staff and fostering a creative. workplace culture. For more information, check out our benefits plan.
Only applicants eligible to work and live in the United States without any legal restrictions need apply for this opportunity.
Salary for this position starts at $60,000 and is commensurate with experience.
Online Job Application: