Director of Procurement
Type of Job
Nov 17, 2022
About the job
Sol Systems is seeking a Director of Procurement to join our Construction & Project Management team to lead procurement efforts for renewable energy project equipment and services to support the DG and utility scale PV and BESS project development and construction. The Director of Procurement will manage procurement activity to meet the needs of the project pipeline cost and schedule. This individual will also be a project owner for utility scale project economics to procure and furnish modules or racking for EPC Contractors.
Sol Systems is a solar energy project development and financial services company with a national footprint and a diverse customer, investor, and partner base. We have financed or developed over $2 billion of solar energy assets to date. As a leading renewable energy developer, financier, trader and operator, Sol empowers entrepreneurs to have a meaningful impact on the world with a focus on catalyzing the development and operation of sustainable infrastructure.
- Create short and long-term purchasing strategy considering project pipeline and market forces to maximize cost efficiency and development flexibility while mitigating cash flow risk
- Work with project teams and to guide sourcing strategies - including exploration of supply chain entry point, the consolidation of requirements across Sol business units, alternative solutions or technologies, cost avoidance, inventory and storage reduction, standardization.
- Establish and maintain best-in-class procurement processes for new renewable projects and technology improvements to exploit the advantages of the global supply base.
- Report on industry and market technology, cost and pricing, and supply and demand trends, causes, and forecasts
- Establish market networking with manufacturers, logistic providers and market intelligence to develop purchasing strategy (including preferred vendors, pricing, terms and conditions) that leverages Sol scale to the benefit of businesses in the portfolio
- Coordinate with Sol Engineering, Development, Preconstruction, and InfraCo on equipment characteristics, pricing, and schedule needs with proposed project designs, schedule, and economics.
- Prepare and execute RFPs for material and logistics and negotiate MSA commercial terms with manufacturers/suppliers.
- Manage executed MSA contracts for invoicing, schedules, and deliveries, and maintain inventory of project needs and supplies
- Procure and manage logistics and quality testing services as required, maintain documentation
A successful candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Undergraduate degree in Supply Chain/Procurement/Sourcing, Legal, Business Administration or Engineering and studies in Renewable Energy, or technical field from accredited entity, or relative equivalent military experience
- 7+ years of experience in Supply Chain/Procurement/Sourcing in Renewable Energy Market (primary Solar, Wind and/or Energy Storage and Hydro as a plus)
- Strong negotiations skills with extensive contract negotiation experience
- Financial knowledge for cash-flow evaluation in a project (cost of capital, IRR, NPV).
- Demonstrated success working to develop consensus from diverse opinions in a highly fluid and sometimes ambiguous multi-cultural environment
- Well-developed supplier network and ability to build and leverage strategic partnerships for mutual benefit
- Knowledge and experience with sourcing/procuring power plant/utility equipment, services and construction
- Experience in developing “Total Cost of Ownership” and other business models
- Solid computer skills including MS Access
- Experience in supplier qualification and supplier development
- Knowledge of SAP MM module (desirable)
- Knowledge of SAP Ariba (desirable)
Location & Hours: This is a full-time role with hybrid remote/office presence, with the office based in Washington, DC.
Commitment & Compensation: Compensation will be commensurate with experience. In addition, the Sol Systems team provides health insurance, retirement benefits, partial gym reimbursement, education benefits, parental leave, paid vacation, sick and federal holidays, and the opportunity to work in a unique and dynamic environment.
To Apply: Please submit a resume and salary requirements.
Deadline: We hope to hire for these positions immediately and will review applicants on a rolling basis.
Sol Systems is an equal-opportunity employer, and does not discriminate based on gender, race, ethnicity, orientation, creed, or other traits. Sol Systems supports and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.