Director of Infrastructure Incentive Administration
California OR CA Remote
Type of Job
$115,000 or more
May 11, 2022
About the job
CALSTART is seeking a highly motivated, experienced, and results-driven Director of Infrastructure Incentive Administration to lead the organization’s market acceleration strategy and first-of its-kind programs to advance the deployment of zero-emission vehicle (ZEV) infrastructure for light, medium, and heavy-duty vehicles. This position will work with CALSTART leadership to design innovative infrastructure incentive models, build partnerships and teams, and drive project development in critical incentive markets throughout the United States. In this capacity, the Director will provide oversight and team management of California’s multi-million-dollar incentive projects, the EnergIIZE Commercial Vehicles Project, and the Second Block Grant for Light-Duty Electric Vehicle Charger Incentive Projects. The Director will provide guidance and work closely with incentive project Program Managers/Lead Project Managers to ensure the successful development and implementation of each project.
As the Director of Infrastructure Incentive Administration, this leader will need to have strong technical experience with electric charging and hydrogen fueling infrastructure, managed large scale incentive or infrastructure deployment programs, and hold strong relationships with industry, government, and non-profit and community-based organizations. This will be a California based position preferably with Southern California desired.
Additionally, the Director of Infrastructure Incentive Administration will:
- Oversee strategy development on the integration of smart and innovative infrastructure solutions for battery electric and fuel cell vehicles for light, medium, and heavy-duty applications.
- Assess market-transformational needs across technology platforms and infrastructure strategies.
- Oversee business development activities to replicate and expand the implementation of ZEV infrastructure incentive projects.
- Lead and manager oversight of incentive project team recruitment, personnel development and training, and day to day team operations.
- Direct and manage oversight of project scope of work and deliverables, budget, key performance indicators (KPIs), and timelines.
- Oversee incentive project online incentive application processing database development and ongoing system management.
- Direct funding agency relationship and advise on strategy, project planning, market assessment, funding prioritization, project improvements, and stakeholder engagement.
- Drive a thoughtful equity and community-first strategy across all incentive administrative activities and project requirements.
- Oversee alignment and coordination between vehicle and infrastructure incentive projects to meet market demands, technology deployment needs, and state carbon emission reduction goals.
- Oversee technical guidance on infrastructure technology deployment strategies, business solutions, and best practices.
- Oversee and build upon project effectiveness and team capabilities of the Infrastructure Readiness Center (center for technical resources and assistance).
- Oversee stakeholder coordination between industry, government, and communities to further expand and enhance the effectiveness of ZEV infrastructure incentives.
CALSTART‘s mission is to improve air quality, combat climate change, strengthen the economy, and create jobs by growing the clean transportation technology industry. With more than 29 years of experience, CALSTART is recognized nationally and internationally as an industry catalyst. CALSTART’s member organizations are diverse and include, among others, Tesla Motors, UPS, Ford, the Union of Concerned Scientists, Kenworth, General Motors, Southern California Gas, and Southern California Edison. CALSTART focuses its work in four major initiatives: cars, trucks (including non-road vehicles), bus/mobility, and fuels/infrastructure. CALSTART is a national organization with offices in several states. If you want a career where you are making a real impact and benefiting society and the environment, you should consider working for CALSTART. Position is based in the State of California.
- A Bachelor’s degree in business development, environmental management, environmental policy or equivalent training and experience.
- 7 years' experience working in clean transportation and management of zero emission vehicle projects and programs.
- Experience managing teams, team member recruitment, and performance management.
- Experience with business development including managing proposal and project development applications, scope of work, and project budgets.
- Experience working with community-based organizations and applying strategies to promote equity and environmental justice.
- Strong experience managing technology development and demonstration projects.
- Knowledgeable about light-duty e-mobility and infrastructure programs including community based, residential, workplace and destination charging.
- Knowledgeable about the commercial vehicle sector, including truck classes, applications, and segmentation.
- Knowledge and experience with policy impacts on customer and ZEV related purchase decisions.
- Strong knowledge of electric charging and hydrogen refueling infrastructure technology, deployment practices, and best practices.
- Exceptional technical project and team management skills including the management of operational plans, goals, objectives, project scopes with tasks/deliverables and timelines.
- Exceptional policy and technical analysis skills.
- Exceptional writing, presentation and speaking skills.
- Strong skills with database management and use of Microsoft excel, R and other analysis software.
- Exceptional ability to organize and engage with a broad set of stakeholders and to move discussions to consensus and action.
- Strong negotiator and ability to engender trust with stakeholders.
- Advanced degrees in business, policy or science or environmental management.
- Experience leading regulatory discussions and negotiations on clean vehicle regulations, specifically zero emissions.
- Lead large scale incentive projects for zero-emission vehicle and infrastructure programs.
- Project management certification PMP/PMI or related.
- Deep understanding of Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive annual salary based upon experience
- Performance-based growth opportunities
- Competitive company-paid health plan that includes dental and vision care
- Retirement plan with a generous company contribution
- Employee Incentive Program (bonus) yearly based on performance
- Telecommuting and flexible work hours as appropriate
- Rewards for alternative commuting to and from work
- Committed to employee growth and development
To apply: If you are up to this challenge, we invite you to apply. Qualified candidates, please apply online with your resume and cover letter at www.calstart.org/careers
CALSTART, Inc. is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and one that celebrates diversity in all forms. Our inclusive environment focuses on making decisions based on merit without regard to race, color, hair texture, gender, religion, age, nationality, social or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, LGBTQIA+ status, marital status, pregnancy, disability, genetics, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. This applies to any terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including recruiting, hiring, transferring, training, pay, incentives, benefits, discipline, promotion, lay-offs, and termination. Underrepresented candidates are encouraged to apply.